Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

convince me to stay

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 17 Replies

i joined these groups to get advice and positive fedback from other moms, but ive been made to feel lousy and second guess myself.out of four posts i only felt good about the christmas one. thinking i should just forget this site.

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Sounds like you were in the wrong groups.
Sorry to hear that & big hugs.
How old are your kids?

Quoting jjsmommy623:

i joined these groups to get advice and positive fedback from other moms, but ive been made to feel lousy and second guess myself.out of four posts i only felt good about the christmas one. thinking i should just forget this site.

mommy2girls0506
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM

i first felt like that on this site and i'm sorry you are too i once left due to what you are saying but have come back now and found some groups i really like.

Have you searched for moms like you yet?  Your same ideas and such?  I'm sorry you are being made to feel bad.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm really sorry that you've had a negative experience so far! That is NOT the majority of people here. I would just ignore the naysayers and stick it out. What kinds of things are you interested in and how old are your kids? Maybe I can help you find a group that would fit your interests better

Erica246
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I think this site is enjoyable.  I was surprised when I was bullied.. Called ugly and such.  (Minus the fact that I don't have a picture posted and believe I look pretty darn good).  I just had to take it with a grain of salt and do my best to respond maturely.  I just picture some members as young or otherwise stunted. Still on here people will all have differnt opinions.  SOme will agree with you some won't.  I think you should stay.  Learn, grow, feel encourage by responses and post that positively speak to you. Ignore or try to remain calm about others.

Lalasmomma13
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. Please just ignore the negative ppl.
J_bee44
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to agree with the others. Don't give up quite yet. I just signed up too and I have gotten more help in the last 10 min then I have in the last year! Please give it some more time!
jjsmommy623
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is almost 5 months old,hes my first and only son and pregnancy.I am 33 years old.I was married once and am now engaged to my babys father.We are begining the process of getting custody of his 11 year old daughter ( one of my posts was about that and titled scared).I`ve lived in the midwest my entire life and love to scrapbook.

daydreamer3
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM

You have to find the right group. They're not all full of bitches. Also, you have to learn that some woman just say shit to be bitches and not to let it get to you. 

I don't suggest joining any bitch groups. lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Congrats on being engaged!
Good luck with the custody.
I too am in the midwest :)

Quoting jjsmommy623:

My son is almost 5 months old,hes my first and only son and pregnancy.I am 33 years old.I was married once and am now engaged to my babys father.We are begining the process of getting custody of his 11 year old daughter ( one of my posts was about that and titled scared).I`ve lived in the midwest my entire life and love to scrapbook.

JustMeKat
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)