Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Who is going Black Friday shopping?
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Not me!

cnoelc
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE Black Friday shopping.  Waaay more than Thanksgiving itself.  This is not from a consumeristic standpoint, it more a matter of tradition, since I do it with my sisters and mom.  There's a sense of comraderie that I love.  

This year, however, I refuse to shop ON Thanksgiving, plus I ruptured a disc in my back, so I'm laid up, anyway.  I get to see how the people that DON'T Black Friday shop spend Friday.

yanamom
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I participated once, 15 years ago. Wasn't worth it, won't do it again.

wiersma98
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I go every year, with my sisters-in-law and an (adult) niece.   We pour through the sale ads on Thanksgiving and make our plan -- which stores to hit at what times, and which items we want.   Then we wrap ourselves in battery-operated Christmas lights (makes it easy to see each other across crowded stores).   When you go into it with the right mindset, it can be a BLAST.   We shop until the sun comes up -- then we go out to breakfast.   LOTS of fun!  :D

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Awe, that is a great reason to go! How did you rupture a disc in your back? Hope it heals up smoothly!

Quoting cnoelc:

I LOVE Black Friday shopping.  Waaay more than Thanksgiving itself.  This is not from a consumeristic standpoint, it more a matter of tradition, since I do it with my sisters and mom.  There's a sense of comraderie that I love.  

This year, however, I refuse to shop ON Thanksgiving, plus I ruptured a disc in my back, so I'm laid up, anyway.  I get to see how the people that DON'T Black Friday shop spend Friday.

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Sounds like fun!!

Quoting wiersma98:

I go every year, with my sisters-in-law and an (adult) niece.   We pour through the sale ads on Thanksgiving and make our plan -- which stores to hit at what times, and which items we want.   Then we wrap ourselves in battery-operated Christmas lights (makes it easy to see each other across crowded stores).   When you go into it with the right mindset, it can be a BLAST.   We shop until the sun comes up -- then we go out to breakfast.   LOTS of fun!  :D

beachmom2one
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I am. It is a tradition with my son and I .  This year is his first away at college and he has a list of things he wants to buy while he is home.  He works and is using his own money but he likes to go with me rather than his friends because he says I find the best bargains.

MagicMonkey
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't have it here in the UK

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM
So awesome! Awe, so sweet of him to say. Where is he going for college?

Quoting beachmom2one:

I am. It is a tradition with my son and I .  This year is his first away at college and he has a list of things he wants to buy while he is home.  He works and is using his own money but he likes to go with me rather than his friends because he says I find the best bargains.

beachmom2one
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

He is at Emory University in Atlanta. We live down in Miami so he needs a bit more warmish clothes.  It doesn't get cold there like up North but it's definitely colder than Miami.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)