Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Who is going Black Friday shopping?
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:31 AM
That is awesome! Lol, hopefully he finds some good clothing. What is his major?

Quoting beachmom2one:

He is at Emory University in Atlanta. We live down in Miami so he needs a bit more warmish clothes.  It doesn't get cold there like up North but it's definitely colder than Miami.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I want to. Just to get stocking stuffers.  I'd rather fight the crowd for good stuff cheap than hit the Dollar Tree and waste $1 on something that will fall apart the first time it's touched.

I like that Wal-Mart has movies under $2 for this reason, lol.

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
That is a good idea. Lol, sweet about the movies!

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I want to. Just to get stocking stuffers.  I'd rather fight the crowd for good stuff cheap than hit the Dollar Tree and waste $1 on something that will fall apart the first time it's touched.

I like that Wal-Mart has movies under $2 for this reason, lol.

beachmom2one
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

He's a freshman so it isn't set in stone but either finance or management.  Something within the business school.

Bargains for him doesn't mean Walmart.  He is a real shopper.  He will absolutely find what he wants.  I kind of jump started the savings for him yesterday.  There was a Groupon for one of his favorite stores - Saks Off 5th.  It was 30.00 for a 60.00 merchandise voucher plus I had a 10.00 off Groupon one time use code.  So before the black friday deals are even figured in I paid 20.00 for 60.00 worth of merchandise.

mollymolly
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I finally decided to go a couple of years ago.  I drove to several different stores and saw lines of people, looking miserable, imo, out in the parking lot, wrapping aroujnd part of the building, etc.  I said, no way.  I can't handle that sort of crowd.  In fact, I'd pay to not have to deal with that.  

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Great major to get into! Hope he does well in his studies! :)

Sounds like he takes after you on the savings, lol. Way to go!

Quoting beachmom2one:

He's a freshman so it isn't set in stone but either finance or management.  Something within the business school.

Bargains for him doesn't mean Walmart.  He is a real shopper.  He will absolutely find what he wants.  I kind of jump started the savings for him yesterday.  There was a Groupon for one of his favorite stores - Saks Off 5th.  It was 30.00 for a 60.00 merchandise voucher plus I had a 10.00 off Groupon one time use code.  So before the black friday deals are even figured in I paid 20.00 for 60.00 worth of merchandise.

kysmama08
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Hubs and I are :)

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Have a fun time! :) Where you guys going?

Quoting kysmama08:

Hubs and I are :)

supercarp
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would pay to NOT have to do this.

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Lol!

Quoting supercarp:

I would pay to NOT have to do this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN