Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Words Hurt-how to be a compassionate and respectful parent

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think that verbal bullying has decreased in the past year?

Options:

Yes

No

Not sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

There's a great feature documentary, BULLIED TO SILENCE, that will help all parents, teachers, communities and youth themselves to be a positive role model to overcome verbal and cyber bullying. There's a 3 minute trailer on the film's website. There are lots of free resources for you and your child, whatever his/her age is.

Please comment on any experience you or your child has had with being bullied or being a bully. Either way, we need to respond with assertive, not aggressive behavior. Together we can change this national epidemic.

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I think verbal bullying has gotten worse. (along with social media bullying)

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I don't know about overall but my six year old has been picked on for months by a girl in his class... It took me a while to get him to tell me about it... I encouraged him to tell his teacher but he didn't I finally talked to her during a conference and he says it's been better since then.
weakestchimp
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM
i think it has been too popular to bully.
in the world of the web and on reality shows.
it's an epidemic.
Reina13
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM

My youngest son was the target of some mean names last year. It went on for about a month before I was aware of it. I immediately spoke to the school and they put a stop to it quick.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
My 12 yr old son is a major bullt target. He's picked on daily. Verbally, physically, and emotionally. We are on top of it tho. School is aware and have him locker right by the office. I told them if I hear of him being bullied this yr, I would be on school property to protrct him all day every day if they dont take care of it. So far so good. Plus he is in counseling for the bully issues. They totally drained him last year I was not about to do it all over again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN