Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there anything we can do about our neighbors? *PICS*

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

The leaves are ridiculous. We care about the yard so we clean the leaves (which is a HUGE mess every year because we live across the street from a park and the city does nothing with the leaves. Those lil fuckers seem to all blow in our yard) anyways the neighbors do nothing with their yard. I think they mowed once this year. Yep, the grass/weeds were up to my thigh. Now we have the leaves. Last year our yard almost completely died, We made efforts to clean the leaves but the neighbors kept blowing into our yard and then we had a big snow. The leaves did a lot of damage. We should have cleaned them real quick before the snow! 

Anyways we are dealing with this again. We would offer to help if they needed it but there are 4 adults living in that house and one is working. They dont care to clean. The daughter just throws her garbage out of the car right next to the garbage cans. Its useless. The neighbor on the other side has done yard work and shoveling and such for them but is in no condition to keep it up. I think she is tired of the mess too, the are more than capable. Everyone is afraid to say something. We were hoping if they saw us cleaning they would too. Nope. Its just a huge leaf mess over and over again. 

IDK what we can do about this. I dont want any ill feelings between us.

Our yard was cleared a week ago. All these leaves are from their yard. 

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TheSilence
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Unless you live in an HOA neighborhood I don't think there is anything you can do.
Technically they aren't obligated to rake their leaves. I would clean up your yard and just before it snows I would dump the leaves into their yard!
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM

yeah...we were thinking of just dumping them on the other side of their fence

Quoting TheSilence:

Unless you live in an HOA neighborhood I don't think there is anything you can do.
Technically they aren't obligated to rake their leaves. I would clean up your yard and just before it snows I would dump the leaves into their yard!

TheSilence
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM
You could get the fence mesh liners that would stop the leaves blowing from their yard to yours.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

yeah...we were thinking of just dumping them on the other side of their fence

Quoting TheSilence:

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:57 AM

They are not obligated to rake that is a personal choice.  If you dump them over the fence they will simply blow back in your yard anyways.  We care about our yard too but don't clean up leaves until spring it is pointless they simply keep blowing back in our yard from the empty lot and such anyways so pointless.

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Lol

Quoting TheSilence:

RazzledRainbows
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
They are leaves....who cares? Are there not more important things in your life going on?
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Why not just talk to them? No reason to be afraid to talk to your neighbors.
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Well we left the leaves last year.. it snowed on top of them and ruined the yard. Which is expensive! A few leaves don't hurt. But not this many. We found out the hard way. Removing the leaves is a must!

Quoting RazzledRainbows:

They are leaves....who cares? Are there not more important things in your life going on?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN