Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hello! New to the group...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi! my name is Kristi. I am married my wonderful husband, John for the last 12 years. I have 2 adult children, Courtney who is 20, Nick who is 25 and Noah who is 10. I also have a 5 year old grandson, Adam. Noah is   on the autism spectrum... we always knew Noah was special from the time he was alittle even though he wasn't diagnosed with ASD until he was 6.  From the time he was 18 months old, and he got away from me in a matter of seconds in my great aunts apartment building, went up 5 floors on the elevator (by himself) as the elevator stopped at floors 3 and 4 on the way and meanwhile I  was freaking out on the first floor because I wasn't sure if he got off or stayed on elevator but luckily we did find him unharmed on the 5th floor down the hallway standing at my great aunts door to her apartment. At that moment, I was amazed at such a young age he remembers which door was hers, but now knowing what a excellent memory he has, it doesn't surprise me now. We always knew he was a special little boy and still is. He has challenged us over the last several years on many occasions but with the therapies, school support, and family support he has received and continues to receive, he has come a long way and is the joy of our lives and autism has made him the unique, funny, active kid he is!

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
I too too would have freaked out.
Glad you found him safe & sound.
Nice to meet you :)

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Hi Krisit welcome to the group!

luvnoah10
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Thank you!

weakestchimp
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM
hi kristi im new and i really enjoy the website.
one fav is time out for you
have fun
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Hello, Kristi! Welcome to the group!

Here are some other groups that you may enjoy checking out:

msharleyjr
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Hi Kristi and welcome!!!
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Hi Kristi, welcome to cafemom!

.PilesOfLaundry
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM

welcome to the group

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Hi Kristi! Welcome to the group :) I have 3 kids. Two of my kids are diagnosed on the autism spectrum and my third will be as well one day. I know all about all of the funny and quirky things they do. They certainly are a joy! Did you have trouble getting a diagnosis for him? My oldest was just finally diagnosed at 10.5 years old a month ago. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN