Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Kinda freaking out ladies.. Please read and help!!!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 27 Replies

So it all started Sunday morning.. Feeling fine, go up and got dressed and went shopping with the hubby and kids for SILs bday gift, pulled into the parking lot of the store and got out and bam, instant dizziness, anyone who has been in an earthquake will know that disorienting feeling, like the ground is moving, but it wasn't.. It was kinda like that sick feeling you get in your stomach when you drive over a bump fast or go in a fast elevator.. but it hasn't gone away since.. It will pop up at random times, when I am sitting or standing, and now I am starting to get headaches and ear aches on one side of my head.. I am a stay at home mom and I am scared I will fall or pass out because of this feeling and my kids (7 year old is at school, other kids are 4, 3, and 2) will get scared..I have insurance but no primary care doctor yet ( just got insurance, all the doctors have about a 2 month waiting list to be seen in our are) and I am not sure what to do.. I just had another dizzy spell that made my head hurt on that one side and made me feel very nauseous and now my hands are shaking.. Should I go to the ER??? These dizzy spells seem to be getting worse every time they happen.. also, anyone ever had this happen? I have horrible anxiety and don't want to google what it could possibly be, since google is the devil and will tell me I have a brain tumor or something..

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charmgirl
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I'd say go to the e.r.
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Vertigo?
CrimsonRadiance
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM
ER or Urgent Care.
HipHH
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I am pregnant and just had a similar experience. It was caused by my blood pressure going up very quickly. You should get into the doctor.

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this
It is possible you have a simple ear infection.
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM
It could be an ear problem. I would go to the doc
RADmomma
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I would make an appt with a dr & find an urgent care
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Hmm...I have dizzy spells on standing, but yours don't sound quite the same. No ear aches for me, just a blood pressure drop that may hurt my head, but not a specific part of it. Maybe you have an ear infection? For now, pay attention when you stand up - which you should do sloooowly - and sit back down IMMEDIATELY when you feel a dizzy spell coming on.
CountYouTwice
by Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM

do you have fluid in your ears?

cc1016
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

It might be your equilibrium is off but I would be scared enough to have it checked out asap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN