Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Was this bizarre. Neighbor passes on 2 days ago

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

It was middle of the night Monday going into Tuesday.  About 2am cops swarm the block. No one knew what was up.  Cops do not have their lights on or anything.  They were looking in our yard and the one on our southside.  Not sure what was going on.  I found this out from a friend who lives 2 houses north of me. She thought something happened to my dh. Because he's disabled.  I said no.  She was telling me if her bf did not get up middle of the night to pee.  She'd not of know there were cops outside.  He noticed them out front.  I thought to myself.  Usually the neighborhood is fairly quiet.   Today I got home from work.  I see the one guy Kevin who lives downstairs with his gf on my southside.  He says did I know Nick died. Huh?  Nick also stayed in that house too as a roommate.  Kevin said 2 nights ago.  Oh is that why cops were outside like 4 squads?  Kevin said try like 10 were there.  Oh. I heard only 4.  Kevin said cops took him out in cuffs. Thinking he killed his roommate Nick.  They were searching for a murder weapon. Then took pictures inside all the rooms of the house.   But it turned out Nick died in his sleep.  Nick had chronic pain in his back and I think sometimes in his legs.  Kevin says he thinks Nick o.d.'d on pain meds or some other drug to deal with the bad pain.  I said that was sad.  Nick was a nice guy. He was a mechanic. He fixed our car this summer real good and for cheap. 

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bowribbonmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
=|
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.PilesOfLaundry
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM

oh my =/

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM

What a sad thing to happen.  And confusing and frustrating for the guy who was accused.  RIP, Nick.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I told Kevin our cops go overboard when someone dies. They get called. That they did similar to a friend. When her dh died of cancer. He went in his sleep in the recliner chair. Cops took pictures of all the rooms of the house and all that. Kevin said they disrupted the whole neighborhood over this. He says he would of gladly answered any questions they had. He just didn't know what caused Nick to die. He thought he o.d.'d on something. As he was having some chronic pain. I'm sure they'll do an autopsy on Nick. Just to find true cause of death. As he wasn't that old. Maybe in his mid to upper 30's. He was such a nice guy to us.
Quoting Bmat:

What a sad thing to happen.  And confusing and frustrating for the guy who was accused.  RIP, Nick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN