Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

who do you think you are?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 11 Replies
My 6 year was so rude today. I asked him three times to get off the comp that it was time for school. He would not listen to me at all! I told him when he got home the comp was going in my room. He then preceeded to tell me the computer was his. Umm no its not. Finally we went outside and i usually let him sit in the car because its to cold nope not this timr. So he started running away and laughing. I told him it was no time to play. His bus showed up he gave me no hug or kiss didnt even look back it tore my heart.
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaVoo
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

What a little turd! Hopefully he was just full of piss and vinegar this morning but might wanna keep an eye on that! I def. wouldn't take it to heart.

CafeMom Tickers
MMIC
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Some advice: next time warm few minutes before leaving. When time us up, get into the car and pretend to leave depending on his age. Drive around the block.

Another option is tell him it's time to go, if he says no say ok, I'll take care of it. If he stays on so long he is late to school he has teachers to deal with and When he's at school hide the computer and tell him you had to pawn in for the work you missed and he can get it back if he pays you for the time You missed worked
MMIC
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Or take the family out for ice cream, buy for everyone but him. When he asks, say sweetly only kids who listen to their parents get ice cream.
waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM

My kids ever did that to me they would be having a very hard time sitting for a few hours. No way would I tolerate that.

MMIC
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Or disconnect his computer, when he can't get on internet say sweetly, I thought about what you said, this is your computer so you can either pay for your half of the internet, or you may use mine but you must get off when I ask you too.
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM
You can take away computer time until he behaves and listens.
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
All of your suggestions are awesome. I like this one the most

Quoting MMIC:

Or disconnect his computer, when he can't get on internet say sweetly, I thought about what you said, this is your computer so you can either pay for your half of the internet, or you may use mine but you must get off when I ask you too.
ilovemyaj
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I like your suggestion too but i am going to try this one thanks

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting MMIC:

MMIC
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Thanks. I can't take the credit though. I went to a parenting seminar called love and logic. It's so amazing, look into it if you can. To sum it up, it's empathy and give your child choices. Let them make as many mistakes as they can while in your home so that they make great decisions when older.

If you want tell me some scenario your going through with your child and I'll give examples of what to do :) it can be fun.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting MMIC:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Its the age my 6 yr old ds seems to think he runs this house. It can get very very frustraiting for sure make sure you stick to it tho n put the comp in your room or he will consider that a win for him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN