Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Me and my SO decided we were breaking our normal routine of going to his family's house for turkey day this year. I will probably just let our DD go with my mother to my grandmothers house. I am Black Thursday shopping at Walmart at 6pm and have to work Friday at 8 am which is why I won't be joining my mom. His parents are going to be absolutely livid with us though, but SO and I just don't think we can handle his dads bullspit this year with the way he's been acting lately. He hates my SO and is very vocal about his feelings and gets drunk daily. I just can't sit there and listen to him anymore and my SO doesn't need it either. It made our decision a little easier when I found out he was severely degrading my SO in front of DD. ass. Ugh just needed to vent bc it's going to get ugly when his mom is informed of our absence at the dinner table this year.
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Replies (11-15):
JustMeKat
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM

zboys
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM

"Bullspit"--that's great!  I'll have to remember that one.

Good for you for setting boundaries for yourselves!  You have to do what you have to do.  Have a good day next Thursday.

Johnhenrysgirl
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Just have to say you're brave going shopping while pregnant; I am 32wks and it's not happening lol

SpiritFortress
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

It's strange how some family members can get mad about someone choosing to be absent but expect everyone to show up regardless of the family asshole that ruins every holiday. A holiday is a festivity, a celebration. When holidays are miserable, they are no longer holidays. They're hostile take-overs. Everyone's expectations are deflated and they wonder why they have this big headache. You're not hitting your head on the wall this year. Therefore, you won't have the headache. Good decision! :)

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM

good for you!!! good for standing up for yourselves! who needs that kinda stress??!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)