Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Do you have a best friend in real life? How or where did you meet? How often do you see each other?
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Yep we have been best friends for 24 yrs this month actually. We met in jr high at basketball tryouts. Both made the team too. Dont see her much now because i now live 700 miles away. But before we moved we seen her all the time. Our kids were born weeks appart of eachother all of them and call me aunt and my kids call her aunt. I miss her.
cleigh717
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:08 PM

none. que the violins!

ToniTennille
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I'm lucky enough to have 3. My SO of 2 yrs. Then there is Trina and Helena whom I've know for 19 years. I unfortunately don't get to see Trina that much since we live far from each other. Helena once a week.

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes - I have two as well. We met in first grade. One I see every couple of months. We live about 3 hours away from each other. The other we visit 1-2 times a year. My closest best friend and I always travel to visit her together. Other than that I do have a best friend from adulthood that I see pretty regularly.

lesalmi
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM

One I have had since Senior English(06-07), we see eachother a few times a week.
The other I have only known for a little over a year, we met cuz she was training me in at work, she also happens to be a girl I was kinda friends with in highschool's older sister. And we see eachother almost every day.
jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

lol! I was a hermit for awhile but not in the meaning that I was in the house all day. My kids were little and it was so hard to do anything with anyone!

Quoting WillVon:

Friends? What's that? I'm a sad lil hermit haha

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM

That's nice! 

Quoting lesalmi:

One I have had since Senior English(06-07), we see eachother a few times a week.
The other I have only known for a little over a year, we met cuz she was training me in at work, she also happens to be a girl I was kinda friends with in highschool's older sister. And we see eachother almost every day.

ChanningsMom12
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM
No. I don't have any friends. I text a couple people but generally they just want someone to vent to... We never talk about anyone but them...
jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Wow that is a long time! I have a friend in Georgia that I just clicked with at work instantly. Now I'm 700 miles away and I see her when we go to visit. She's one of the best friends I've ever had but we don't really talk on the phone in between. We just chat every once in awhile and when we see each other it's like we just saw each other last week.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Yep we have been best friends for 24 yrs this month actually. We met in jr high at basketball tryouts. Both made the team too. Dont see her much now because i now live 700 miles away. But before we moved we seen her all the time. Our kids were born weeks appart of eachother all of them and call me aunt and my kids call her aunt. I miss her.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Aww I'm sorry. I really didn't have an in real life best friend until this past year for awhile! I have friends online that I talk to every day but sometimes I wish I had more in person friends that I see frequently. 

Quoting cleigh717:

none. que the violins!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)