Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Breastfeeding Poll - Did you?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Did you breastfeed?

Options:

Exclusively (no formula) All my kids

Not Exlusively (some formula) Alll my kids

Formula fed all my kids-Didn't try to BF

EBF one/some of my kids but not all

Tried to bf but it didn't work out

That's what boobs are for?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 143

View Results

Bump after you vote, please. :)
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

You missed an important option on your poll, "tried to BF but could not" I had no support and major issues with my first and the pumps we tried didnt work.. then my second was very lactose intolerant and needed soy forumla.. hoping to BF this one.. looking into formula supplements as it is supposed to help with a lot of issues but the studies I think are still not complete or newer.

CafeMom Tickers
bebe_ju-rah
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Bump
I ebf both my kids.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I added "tried to bf but it didn't work out" a few mins ago.

My son has a milk protien sensitivity (had, he grew out of it). I solved it by cutting soy and dairy from my diet. Talk about a whole new baby!! I ate like a damn bird and lost a ton of weight but he wasn't in pain anymore and stopped throwing up.

You should join the breastfeeding moms group for support. They are amazing in there!

Quoting MommaVoo:

You missed an important option on your poll, "tried to BF but could not" I had no support and major issues with my first and the pumps we tried didnt work.. then my second was very lactose intolerant and needed soy forumla.. hoping to BF this one.. looking into formula supplements as it is supposed to help with a lot of issues but the studies I think are still not complete or newer.

jojo_star
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I've had one baby, breastfed him until 14 months. Hoping to breastfeed this baby at least two years.
MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I might do that, it was severe with my son, projectile vomiting at every feeding. Everyone agreed he needed to be off BF and on soy, once I switched him he was great. Oh and I finally found the article I was reading about the supplementing formula.. so basically its just in the beginning to help with weight loss and they say even by syringe to prevent nipple confusion and such. It was just an exert from the stuff in the health section of this months American Baby.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I added "tried to bf but it didn't work out" a few mins ago.

My son has a milk protien sensitivity (had, he grew out of it). I solved it by cutting soy and dairy from my diet. Talk about a whole new baby!! I ate like a damn bird and lost a ton of weight but he wasn't in pain anymore and stopped throwing up.

You should join the breastfeeding moms group for support. They are amazing in there!

Quoting MommaVoo:

CafeMom Tickers
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM

started out breastfeeding ..but bc of following doctors orders and not my gut formula was introduced and it all ended after that. the new baby will not get any formula

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Exclusively breasted all 3.
Also extended nursed.
jamielovesjbs
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:45 PM

With my first I breastfed for a few months, with my second I exclusively breastfed for 14 months.

MaineMammax2
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Breastfed only both my girls 1st daughter for 17 months and 2nd for 21 months.
celestegood
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:51 PM
First was breast three months then formula, second was breast then formula in a feeding tube at ten months old after his airway surgery, third was breast for two years, and still nursing the youngest who is three.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)