Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Vehicle opinions needed!

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 30 Replies

Come tax time I'm looking to get a new vehicle. I currently have a Nissan Altima, I do love my car but after spinning out twice this morning because of snow/ice covered roads ( just moved to CO from TX) I've come to the conclusion that I need something 4 wheel drive. I'm leaning towards a Jeep Cherokee Sport but am open to other suggestions. I want something that's moderate in size but not huge and gets decent gas mileage. Thanks!

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Country_Momma89
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM

BUMP!

RADmomma
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM
What year jeep!!?!

I drive an AWD VW passat wagon! Love it.
Hubby drives a lifted Jeep liberty! He loves it. He owned a Cherokee previously. It wasn't good on gas & didn't have enough head room for him. He's tall. But it was older so that explains some gas mileage.
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Four wheel drive is good but you also need snow tires.

Brenna
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

lWe have a Jeep Commander and  a Dodge Journey. Love both. Better mileage with the Dodge.

I agree with the statement about headroom.  DF is 6'6 and we need the Commander for head room!

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I hope you can find something good! I don't have a 4 wheel drive :(

Country_Momma89
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

2010 or newer. 

Quoting RADmomma:

What year jeep!!?!

I drive an AWD VW passat wagon! Love it.
Hubby drives a lifted Jeep liberty! He loves it. He owned a Cherokee previously. It wasn't good on gas & didn't have enough head room for him. He's tall. But it was older so that explains some gas mileage.

Country_Momma89
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yeah, I bought new tires just before moving here and told them I wanted tires that would do well in snow but not sure if they actually qualify as snow tires.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Four wheel drive is good but you also need snow tires.

Country_Momma89
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Thanks! I'm 5'8 so don't need a lot of head room but don't wanna be squished either lol.

Quoting Brenna:

lWe have a Jeep Commander and  a Dodge Journey. Love both. Better mileage with the Dodge.

I agree with the statement about headroom.  DF is 6'6 and we need the Commander for head room!

Perfect_Misfit
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I've got a 2001 Nissan Xterra Xtreme and I LOVE love LOVE it! It's sooo comfy and easy to drive.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM
We have a 2007 Dodge Durango. I love, love, love my car!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)