Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Come tax time I'm looking to get a new vehicle. I currently have a Nissan Altima, I do love my car but after spinning out twice this morning because of snow/ice covered roads ( just moved to CO from TX) I've come to the conclusion that I need something 4 wheel drive. I'm leaning towards a Jeep Cherokee Sport but am open to other suggestions. I want something that's moderate in size but not huge and gets decent gas mileage. Thanks!

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
Country_Momma89
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice, I'll add that to the list of stuff to look at.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

We have a 2007 Dodge Durango. I love, love, love my car!!!!!

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I am loving my Honda Odyssey though I live in South Florida so I dont know how it would handle in snow and ice.

ymom3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:21 AM
I have a GMC terrain. I absolutely love it. Not sure if that would be good for snow and ice. We live in the south and it never snows here lol.
OklahomaWifey
by Amanda on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I've got a Honda Pilot. Very nice SUV. It came with heated seats, sunroof, navigation system and backup camera. I don't need all that (well, the heated seats are nice with winter coming, lol) but if you like the luxuries, the Pilot definitely has them! Oh, and it's a 4x4 as well. I absolutely love my car!
RADmomma
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
So a jeep grand Cherokee ?? The regular Cherokee sport is square. Doesn't offer a lot of head room & isn't good on gas. A jeep grand Cherokee depending on engine size ( 6 or 8 clyinder) is going to be better on gas. But your still going to be in the low teens... But it is taller & offers more interior space.

(We're a jeep family)

Quoting Country_Momma89:

2010 or newer. 

Quoting RADmomma:

What year jeep!!?!

I drive an AWD VW passat wagon! Love it.

Hubby drives a lifted Jeep liberty! He loves it. He owned a Cherokee previously. It wasn't good on gas & didn't have enough head room for him. He's tall. But it was older so that explains some gas mileage.

RADmomma
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:50 AM
If you don't need the space of an SUV & gas mileage is important I would look into a Subaru... They are AWD and great in the snow! But over great gas mileage!!
amberNewman0213
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
We got a xterra last year and I LOVE it. Just is stay away from 05 models they had a lot of things wrong with them.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I have a Tahoe I love it
megrh
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I used to work at a car dealership and the jeeps would fly off the lot but weren't as reliable in my opinion. I have a Rav4 and its not a true 4wd but I'm in WY and never had a problem. It's been a great little car and they hold their resale value way better than Jeeps.
Sheri0427
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a Toyota tundra four door four wheel drive truck and a jeep grand Cherokee. Both are awesome in the snow and ice.  I feel completely safe in either vehicle. My suggestion....pay attention to the air bags and crash ratings.  My son recently put our 2011 grand Cherokee into a tree. Totaled the jeep. He walked away completely unharmed. Air bags air bags seat belts folding engine feature. Awesome head restraint.  I purchase my cars based on the NTSB crash safety ratings. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)