Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Crib or bed?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter is only four weeks old and she sometimes sleeps with my fiance and I on the bed. We put her on our chest or simply have her lay between us and she falls alseep right away. Being that we live with his parents we are in a small room so the baby has her cradle in our room beside our bed. She still sleeps in the cradle and she is in there for most of the day. Because I am a new mom I really do not like hearing my baby cry especially since she does not cry a lot so I prefer to have her close by.

Where does your baby sleep? How does it make you feel? Does it affect the way you sleep or how much sleep you get?

If your baby sleeps with you... how long has he or she been sleeping with you? And any advice ou would give me
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

She had a bassinet at birth, then pack n play about 4 months old.    Do what you feels right, there is no such thing as spoiling a newborn with attention.  You need to build that bond further and trust so they know their needs are being met.

MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM

She will sleep in a pack n play witht he bassinet part next to the bed until she outgrows it then she will move into her room. 

CafeMom Tickers
Josie_P
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM

She's 4 months and sleeps in her crib in her room. All my kids have. 

MommyToAustin11
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM
My sons 12 months old and hes been sleeping with me on and off most with me he doesnt really like his crib n now hes scared of the dark
RADmomma
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM
My baby just went to a crib in her room. She started off in a cosleeper. Then we side carred her crib!! She's 11.5 months. I prefer them close!!
waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM

My babies have always slept in their own bed. The only one that doesn't is my adopted 8 month old. He has a lot of issues and can't lay flat so he sleeps usually on mine or my husbands chest in the recliner inclined. He will hopefully in the next week have his wedge for his crib and he can start sleeping in there.

sweetpea810
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I co slept with my son a couple of times, but do recommend that baby should sleep in a bassinet. Accidents happen all the time and its something you do not want to deal with as a new mother. Both my kiddos slept in their bassinets til they were 4 months old and then they moved to their own crib and bedroom. My bedroom is off limits unless they are really sick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)