Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

http://www.today.com/klgandhoda/show-your-what-kmarts-new-holiday-ad-gets-naughty-2D11603453

KMart's underwear ad is disgusting. I can't believe that the company would air an ad in such bad taste. They need a new advertising company.

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

your ok with women walking around in bras and underwear but not men in boxers and shirts that show less then the women walking around in bras and underwear for victoria secrest commercials?

momkaiser
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM

It's not like they were thrusting forward and they are in jackets and the uderwear looks like shorts. This is not a big deal. They were covered more then most people that you see in the grocery store, and the way they moved wasn't super sexual. So what! It's just a fun ad that honestly made me chuckle. 

RADmomma
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I understand the family part... but they have full boxers on... Not package hugging briefs...to kids it's no different than shorts. They don't see things as sexually as adults! They see guys dancing to Christmas music.

It would be more suitable aired at night though.

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

The difference for me is that VS is all about sexy and lingerie, where as Kmart is supposed family oriented. I don't particularly want my daughter to VS commercials either, but at least I know what to expect. Kmart keeps pushing the envelope just a bit each year.

Quoting RADmomma:

Honestly it's not that bad. Better than the Victoria secret commercials out there.
alliweben
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

OK, I respect the other replies, but I for one am with you on this.   

uoting Bmat:

http://www.today.com/klgandhoda/show-your-what-kmarts-new-holiday-ad-gets-naughty-2D11603453

KMart's underwear ad is disgusting. I can't believe that the company would air an ad in such bad taste. They need a new advertising company.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I am glad to get other points of view.  I think their stance, which I understand it to resemble a bell, is suggestive, and then the fact that they are wearing underwear.

quoting momkaiser:

It's not like they were thrusting forward and they are in jackets and the uderwear looks like shorts. This is not a big deal. They were covered more then most people that you see in the grocery store, and the way they moved wasn't super sexual. So what! It's just a fun ad that honestly made me chuckle. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I don't like the VS ads either.  For one thing, I think that it popularizes an unrealistic body image for our daughters.

Quoting robsgurl_23:

your ok with women walking around in bras and underwear but not men in boxers and shirts that show less then the women walking around in bras and underwear for victoria secrest commercials?

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM

It is of bad taste, but its  also called GREAT marketing..Its getting people to talk and notice.. The norm is boring.. :) Before this Ad, I really had nothing to say about Kmart now I can actually say that ad is of bad taste..

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:36 AM

thats a valid point..

Quoting robsgurl_23:

MMIC
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it's great. Jingle balls!!! Whoop whoop
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
To each their own, I find it funny and would rather see it then commericals for erectile dysfunction or condoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)