Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you REALLY like your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post
Fess up and be honest =) Do you really like your in-laws or does a part of you secretly dread seeing them at holidays? Or does your own family drive you batty??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Again, sorry. My phone really hates me!!! Ugh!!!

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

I can honestly say I love my in laes. They are truly an amaxing family and I am so blessed to be able to say I am with them. They are indeed amazing..... :)
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

lol I love that term! It's great you have a good relationship with your ex-in-laws! My in-laws drive me crazy too. Sometimes I wonder if it would be better if we were able to talk in person. I just think too much gets lost in translation on the phone sometimes. It's hard to read people's expressions etc

Quoting Fields456:

I love my Inlaws. Yes they drive me batshit crazy sometimes but so does my own family same goes for my ex Inlaws ( still have a great relationship with them because of my daughter )

RitaTequila531
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely not. I tolerate them. I don't claim them as "my" anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I adore my in-laws. They unconditionally love their children and grandchildren. From the moment dh & I started dating, my son was their grandson and I their daughter. They involve themselves but not in am overbearing kind of way, they can take social cues to know when it's time to back off. They're perfect.
Mrs.MikeC
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I should also add...

We invited his and my immediate families over for dinner one time. I accidentally left a couple bills laying out. The envelopes were open because I looked at them and put them back on my desk... My mom and sister said she took them out of the envelopes and looked at them when she thought no one was looking.

She questions everything like ridiculously. My daughter had a fibral seizure and she asked me if I thought she had brain damage!? Like what!?! My daughter never regressed in her speech or anything like that.

She told me I needed to watch my weight when I was pregnant with dd#1...

My mom was watching my daughter one time for me because I was on some potent drugs for a back injury. Dd drew all over her arms when mom was on the john. Smother saw it and asked what happened. I told her my mom was watching her. She said apparently not good enough!! ...grr

Lol okay I'll stop Jacking your post:) Thanks for the vent! Hehe"
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Aww that's sad. My stepdad is like that too sometimes. He's usually very reserved but he is just antisocial. He will talk sometimes then other times just not talk at all and it's awkward.

Quoting Luv_my_hubby:

I love my MIL but her new husband drives both my DH & I crazy. He has no filter and says hurtful things sometimes when my MIL isn't in earshot.
We often wonder if she regrets marrying him. They married about 10 months after his dad died suddenly. They were married within 3 months after they started dating.

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group. :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Not sure I answered this or not
::blush::

I did for the most part :)

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss and that she makes everything about her. That is just so rude :(

Quoting Ninjascreenname:

No, I do not. She HAS to make everything about her, and I'm tired of it. Today is my child that passed away birthday and my mother in law showed her ass last night. Fuck her.

MommaVoo
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I love my in laws, we live very far from them now but we are flying my MIL out to be there when I am induced, my mother will come the day before she leaves so they can visit.

CafeMom Tickers
mom2gmp2
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Truely? I loved my MIL and was very sad when she passed. I feel terrible, but I think I'll feel more relieved than sad when my mom passes. My FIL passed in 1992, so I never met him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN