Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you REALLY like your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post
Fess up and be honest =) Do you really like your in-laws or does a part of you secretly dread seeing them at holidays? Or does your own family drive you batty??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
alf2651
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

For the most part. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM

i don't really know my in-laws that well... don't mind seeing them though... my family is crazy but I love them

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

That's really great! I'm happy for you!

Quoting ermka:

I adore my in-laws. They unconditionally love their children and grandchildren. From the moment dh & I started dating, my son was their grandson and I their daughter. They involve themselves but not in am overbearing kind of way, they can take social cues to know when it's time to back off. They're perfect.

Mom24munchkins
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I love mil, sil however makes me want to scream. Her, her so, and her dd.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

lol that is great! It's refreshing to see people say that they have good in-laws!

Quoting bmw29:

I adore my in-laws. I spend way more than the holidays with them, they're my neighbors. LOL

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Probably

Quoting jconney80:

lol I love that term! It's great you have a good relationship with your ex-in-laws! My in-laws drive me crazy too. Sometimes I wonder if it would be better if we were able to talk in person. I just think too much gets lost in translation on the phone sometimes. It's hard to read people's expressions etc

Quoting Fields456:

I love my Inlaws. Yes they drive me batshit crazy sometimes but so does my own family same goes for my ex Inlaws ( still have a great relationship with them because of my daughter )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry that you never got to meet your FIL but it's great that you get along with your MIL  :) I've never met my MIL either. She passed away years ago. My FIL remarried though when my hubby was younger and so I know his stepmom

Quoting kerryket:

I love my MIL, I never got to meet my FIL, he passed before I met my husband.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:28 AM

I wish I could get along easily with my SIL too. She's kind of indifferent. I know how you feel!

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

I love mil, sil however makes me want to scream. Her, her so, and her dd.

jennkd
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM
My MIL she is pretty sweet lady she kind of drives me crazy when she puts a guilt trip on us if we don't make it to every family event... My husbands brother is cool although his wife we had our times where we couldn't be around one another that's because her sister is my husbands ex wife..
Iloveemykidz
by New Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM
WELL MY IN-LAWS ARE MARRIED TO OTHER PEOPLE. HOWEVER...I LOVE MY MOTHER IN-LAW BUT...I'D HIT MY FATHER IN-LAW WITH A FREAKING BUS SERIOUSLY. I DEAL WITH HIM WHEN NEEDED FOR THE SAKE OF MY HUBBY BUT HE KNOWS THAT I DON'T CARE MUCH FOR HIM. BUT ME &ND HIM BOTH KNOW THAT WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH ONE ANOTHER.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)