Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you REALLY like your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post
Fess up and be honest =) Do you really like your in-laws or does a part of you secretly dread seeing them at holidays? Or does your own family drive you batty??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
PeppermintyTea
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 3:56 AM
I am okay with my inlaws... I get along with them fine, but I wouldn't say I like them.
Milsmum
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Oh i could rant on this haha.. i put up with my in laws (mum, sis and a brother) but thats as far as it goes. My own family are a nightmare too though! I used to get on with the inlaws brilliantly until me and my so broke up and they where vile and manipulative, i seen a different side to everyone and although now me and my so are back together and happy i dont think il ever forgive them as i dont trust them.
luvnature
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:50 AM

We don't see anyone for any holidays and that is the way we like it. the only one my dh likes in his family is his mom (I don't like any of them), his family lives 3 days away and one lives 4 days away. 

We all love my mom (up to a point). I do not talk to my sister and my dad is no longer among the living. We used to see my mom every few years, but she doesn't travel anymore because of her health. She lives 9 hours away from us. 

I'm happy we don't see anyone. We did spent 2 Christmases with my mil and a lot of them with my parents over the last 25 yrs. My parents used to travel for a weekend at random times of the year just to spend time with the kids. 

We lived in the same city as my in-laws and they had a big Christmas get together. They told my dh that he was allowed to join them and so were the kids, but to leave me behind. My dh told his mother that if I was not invited, neither was he and neither were the kids, because our family is a package deal. My inlaws hate me because I can speak for myself, I can defend myself if need be, I'm not afraid of any of them and I'm French. They hate me because my dh married me instead of a lunatic girl they all thought would be better for him. 

MaineMammax2
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:29 AM
No, not even a little. My husband doesn't like them either.
Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:32 AM

I love my in law. 

My own family disowned me when my mother passed away 15 years ago. 

My mother in law is an amazing woman. Who treats me with love, respect, and understanding. We have a really good relationship. I'm very lucky here.

My father in law lives in another state with my step mother in law. 

CafeMom Tickers
kind_hearted_1
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Yea sometimes drive me crazy my sister in law does she always be saying things like I sh poo uld do this do that how can she say what I need to do when she don't help or do anything to really give us adv ice she needs to het her life in order before she tell somone eslse something thst how I see it an I notice it always be the ines that dnt have their life in order yet that talk shit
lovemyairman150
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh it's no secret that I don't like them, lmao
Rain2Rinse
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:43 AM
I love my mil, sil, niece and nephew. I like Fil and step-mil. I tolerate my husband's grandmother, and half sister and brother. I dislike everyone else. Mainly because they haw no problem letting it be known that try dislike me simply because I am black.

Too easy. I can disregard them at family functions, and everything will be peachy. As long as they don't pretend to be civil just because others are watching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveablej
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:46 AM
I like my in-laws. We hand mil and fil over like every other weekend for dinner. Both our families are crazy but so are we. :)
Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Yes, I like my mil. But some of the things she does kind of annoys me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)