Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you REALLY like your in-laws?

Posted by   + Show Post
Fess up and be honest =) Do you really like your in-laws or does a part of you secretly dread seeing them at holidays? Or does your own family drive you batty??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
MsRhynes
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
YES EXCEPT ONE THAT THINKS SHE'S BOOGIE N KNOW EVERYTHING HATE TO BE WRONG...LOL
Saharra
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I love my inlaws. My family can be interesting though.
Farmlady09
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I adore my mother and father in law ... and can get along well enough with both my own and my husband's siblings even though there is a huge gap between all of the siblings due to different life styles. My inlaws have a standing invitation to live here if they prefer that to a nursing home though ~ and I'd be very content with that.

EmmasMom0305
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Yes, my inlaws are awesome. I just wish we got to see them more.

Eta: my family is awesome too, how could they not be with me in the family :)
Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Eh, I like them just like I like my own patents, small doses lol
waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Love my in-laws. My mil is the best, way better then my mother. My husband has a very closeknit family so they are very involved and they adore all of our kids. They do not treat our adopted children any different then our birth children. In fact when we got custody of my sister's kids my in-law went all out making the kids feel like they belonged to the family.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I loved my father in law. We were very close, I even did home hospice care for him as he died 2 years ago.

MIL is irrelevant because she's not a part of our lives. I hate her for the hurt she out my
Husband through when she walked out on him and FIL
Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate my MIL! We don't speak at all. Dh doesn't speak with her either. We cut her out of our lives completely. Dh has decided that she will never see or speak to our girls again. My oldest dd (age 8) hates her and actually told my sister that my MIL is dead to her. Long story short, MIL physically attacked me in front of girls while her older son (Dh half brother) attacked Dh. It had to do with money, we supported them for 5 years but it wasn't good enough they kept wanting more and more and we could afford it anymore. So we no longer talk to anyone on dh's mom's side.

Now my FIL and everyone on Dh dad side, I love. They are all so wonderful! Can't wait to see them next weekend when we go visit. They live 3 hours away.
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM
A couple of them I do the majority of them I don't talk to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM

nah, i like them fine

dh is one of 9 kids, 3 girls, neither of his folks were ever like Barones at all

Me & his sister are great pals.

His brothers come around once in awhile.

We don't really see his side at holidays anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)