Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how do you handle this?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
We went out to lunch with my parents today and right before the meal came my 6 year old said he needed to go pee. Our table was near the bathroom so I let him go and watched the door to make sure he came out okay. my step mother asked why I hadn't walked him in and I explained that DH and I don't normally do so unless it's a place where it's harder to keep an eye on the door. She said that we should stay with him for safety reasons. What do you think?
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I do the same thing with my daughter. She is 7 1/2. If I can see the bathroom door she can go alone if I can't I go with her been this way she since she was 5 1/2-6. And I watch the door until she is back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mar1sol70
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

There are so many crazy people out there, that we just dont know. It only takes seconds to have your world go upside down. 

RitaTequila531
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I always go with her. Its not that I don't trust her but that i need to make sure she's safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberNewman0213
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Id go with. Too many predators hide out in the bathrooms waiting for oppertunitys like that. And I'm not willing to take the slightest chance for that to happen to my child regaurdless of what I'm doing.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM

If I'm standing right there I don't think that it is a big deal. It just all depends on the child's maturity level and age. 

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM

If we're by the bathroom. Let them go alone. Just watch the door to see them come out.

RaineyLeigh
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I think it's YOUR child and YOU get to raise him the way you see fit.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you see through the door??"
avonleafan
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting amberNewman0213:

Id go with. Too many predators hide out in the bathrooms waiting for oppertunitys like that. And I'm not willing to take the slightest chance for that to happen to my child regaurdless of what I'm doing.

I can't be with my kids 24/7. They need a bit of freedom and the privacy to go potty without Mom around. Strange as it sounds, I would know if it was taking too long because I know how long they take in the potty. Lol. If I can't even let them go to the bathroom while standing by the door then I am living in fear.
MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM

eh.. 6 within eyesight of the door I say is fine and it lets him be more independant which is good for him.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)