Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who's the Better Cook?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 181 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Who's the Better Cook?

Options:

DH/SO .. please share

I am .. please share

It depends .. on what ?

Other .. please share

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 73

View Results

photo hugs_autumnwreath.gif
Join us at
Time Out for You

by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I am... what do you want me to share? Lol
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

LOL .. does DH think so too?

Quoting eesmommy:

nooneexciting
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I am. No question. My Hubby's idea of cooking is microwaving a hot pocket to death. When I went away for school, he told me he missed me almost as much as my cooking.

The way to a man's heart, lol
hugss

by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL .. does sound like it's you then,
Glad he didn't starve when you were at school ;)

Quoting nooneexciting:

I am. No question. My Hubby's idea of cooking is microwaving a hot pocket to death. When I went away for school, he told me he missed me almost as much as my cooking.

The way to a man's heart, lol

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Yep. He will tell anyone and everyone, including his family lol. Which is more than a little embarrassing. His mom calls me for recipes and his sister in laws hate me. His father waits eagerly for the next invite to supper. Before we moved friends would drop in around dinner time or even after for something, anything lol. When we are invited I get the "oh just bring whatever!" And then the "I am sure it will be gone, so bring extra!" Lol its good I enjoy cooking or it would get old quick.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting eesmommy:

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I am. My dh thinks I'm weird but I always take pics of my food if it's the first time I make it and people usually say it looks good. One person even said it looked like it came from a food mag. lol

dh admits I'm a better cook. I have RA and it's hard to chop veggies so he's on veggie chopping duty though. lol

hugss

by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Aww that's a huge compliment .. lucky you :)

Quoting eesmommy:

Yep. He will tell anyone and everyone, including his family lol. Which is more than a little embarrassing. His mom calls me for recipes and his sister in laws hate me. His father waits eagerly for the next invite to supper. Before we moved friends would drop in around dinner time or even after for something, anything lol. When we are invited I get the "oh just bring whatever!" And then the "I am sure it will be gone, so bring extra!" Lol its good I enjoy cooking or it would get old quick.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting eesmommy:

hugss

by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Wow I think that's awesome you do that,
Love that magazine comment .. nice ;)

Quoting angelachristine:

I am. My dh thinks I'm weird but I always take pics of my food if it's the first time I make it and people usually say it looks good. One person even said it looked like it came from a food mag. lol

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM
:-) lol I have no clue where the skill comes from, my mom can burn water, only person I know who can burn the outside of a steak and the middle is dripping blood but there is smoke billowing through the house... so lucky all 7 kids survived rolol.
The draw back is.... the kids are super picky. They won't eat at other peoples houses and going to restaurants is "interesting" lol. DD once told the waitress that the cicken did NOT taste like mom makes it, facepalm!!!!! Dh would rather grab whatever I need frombthe store and let me cook whatever because in his words" it just tastes better and its cheaper" lol. Its rare we find a restaurant that is up to snuff enough for the three of them. The up side is.... the kids will literally eat almost anything, DS won't eat tuna from a can but a tuna steak he loves, DD won't eat bought mayonnaise but she enjoys homemade, I have never seen two kids more eager to try new and different foods!

Quoting hugss:

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting eesmommy:

hugss

by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM

That is neat though,
Although yes I can see some problems at restaraunts & other people's houses ,,
You just have a special talent/gift for it ;)

Quoting eesmommy:

:-) lol I have no clue where the skill comes from, my mom can burn water, only person I know who can burn the outside of a steak and the middle is dripping blood but there is smoke billowing through the house... so lucky all 7 kids survived rolol.
The draw back is.... the kids are super picky. They won't eat at other peoples houses and going to restaurants is "interesting" lol. DD once told the waitress that the cicken did NOT taste like mom makes it, facepalm!!!!! Dh would rather grab whatever I need frombthe store and let me cook whatever because in his words" it just tastes better and its cheaper" lol. Its rare we find a restaurant that is up to snuff enough for the three of them. The up side is.... the kids will literally eat almost anything, DS won't eat tuna from a can but a tuna steak he loves, DD won't eat bought mayonnaise but she enjoys homemade, I have never seen two kids more eager to try new and different foods!

Quoting hugss:

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting eesmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)