Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

christmas trees

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
I love real! I know they are messy but the smell is amazing! :-D
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM

We have to use fake because of my youngest son's asthma...and possibly my daughter's too (she hasn't officially been diagnosed yet, but we're thinking she may have it).

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I have found that depending on what kind you get they're not that messy. We prefer Concolours because they are less messy.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

lazycamper
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM
They are only messy because you are buying them a month after being cut. We cut ours and they are not messy, at all. I live in the pine tree state. We have been watching cut trees head south for two weeks...
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Real!

Reina13
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I agree that they are beautiful and smell amazing but I prefer artificial. Much easier to keep up with and I just use my scentsy warmer for the great smell.  :)

shygurl3166
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I cut my own:) always have since childhood.
melly_v88
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

we are considering getting a real one this year, DH saw them and was like "Awh, hey ... " We have a cat, he's not thinking this through.

dingysfamily
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I love real trees and never found them messy, just hated moving the packages to water them so often in order to keep them from being messy!  Plus you also have to hang the lights, which we don't have to do on our artificial tree.  I just don't have the back/knees to do the watering every other day and dh hates to string the lights anymore ... maybe after he retires.  We did so love going and hunting down the right tree, cutting it down and hauling it home.

theloudhouse
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Our cats usually just drink the water and hang out under it. The branches are so close together they can't really climb it.

Quoting melly_v88:

we are considering getting a real one this year, DH saw them and was like "Awh, hey ... " We have a cat, he's not thinking this through.

mom_4_God
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:11 PM

We used to use real trees, but when my daughters were 4 they both broke out bad with a rash all over their chest and arms. The doctor and us were only able to pinpoint it to the tree since that was the only new thing the girls were exposed to in that past week. We gave the tree to a friend, purchased a nice fake tree and never had a problem since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)