Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is your favorite dog breed?

Posted by   + Show Post

what is your favorite dog breed and why?

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Replies (41-50):
PeppermintyTea
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Well we have always had mutts, and they've been cool. Our last was a dane/lab mix he had more of dane personality. I like the way the scottish terrier looks the best, but I really don't know much about them so I wouldn't get one unless I did more research.
trainlady
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:43 PM
My favorite breed is Samoyeds. These are pure white huskies. These dogs were bred in Siberia and were reindeer herding dogs. They were brought inside at night and not left on a sled line like other dogs. Having been brought in at night made these dogs really genuine house dogs. I've had hundreds of them because I used to breed and show them. I've never had a vicious Sammy in all the dogs I've had. They are what we all the laughing dog because they sit with their mouths open most of the time. They are not panting just sitting there. My children learned to walk standing up beside the Sammys and holding onto their hair. The dog would walk the slow pace of the baby learning to walk. Afterwards it was nap time and the dog was the pillow. Also, these dogs have two coats. The undercoat is wool and you can comb it out and spin it and knit with it. Many of the breeders have coats and sweater made of their dogs wool. The outter coat is just long dog hair but it is so white it glitters in the sunlight. Its absolutely beautiful. The dogs are gentle, sweet and beautiful and I love them.
Akunkle1
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Miniature Australian shepherd 

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM
poddle
Sweets32285
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM

German Shepherd.  I have one and she is awesome.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Alaskan malanutes , they are so cute, I know not a great reason, but I've always wanted one.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Huskies... I want a miniature husky sooooo bad. They are adorable.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:13 PM

A mutt...  in my experience they are generally healthier and have better temperment than pure breds.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I like bully breeds. Boxers are my favorite but I'm also partial to pits, rotties, and bulldogs (american or english in particular)
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I don't have a favorite but we just got *Beast* he is a very smart dog. The place that we got him from wants us to be him into competitions. But we don't want to do that. We will be getting a girl soon i cant wait. This is Beast in training for protection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN