Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

cant believe the school didn't call me!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM
  • 15 Replies

My dd is in first grade.apparently she was swinging on the desk.as in one hand on one desk and another hand on other desk .and swung forward.her fault I know.she shouldn't had done it.anyways she fell.when I picked her from school she had a bandaid on her face .I couldn't really see much.when we got home I took it off and it was still bleeding some.plus she had a huge knot on her forhead.and she had broke her glasses.the school never called me.all her teacher did was put her broken glasses in a baggie with a post it note! I took her to the Dr and thankfully no concussion.but the Dr was shocked that the school dint call me with it being a head injury.I plan on talking with her teacher.next time if she gets hurt and something is swelling or bleeding I'd like to know.espelly on her head

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Ooh i would have been very upset. I would talk to the teacher about that.

mom23heathens
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I know how you feel. my son broke his arm at recess in 6th grade. The school knew he got hurt and sent him to the nurse. She gave him ice in a baggie. I didn't even get a note. He got in the car and said his arm hurt. It had a black welt and I could see the bone pressing against the inside of his skin. I took him to the er. I was so angry at thwarting school .
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

The boys school never calls for minor stuff, but that sounds like something their school would have called over.

snowball184
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I wouldn't expect them to call for minor stuff.but imo a swollen head,and a bleeding cut ,and a pair of broken glasses deserves a call home.I feel so bad that she had to sit there with her head hurting.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

The boys school never calls for minor stuff, but that sounds like something their school would have called over.

snowball184
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM

That is terrible!

Quoting mom23heathens:

I know how you feel. my son broke his arm at recess in 6th grade. The school knew he got hurt and sent him to the nurse. She gave him ice in a baggie. I didn't even get a note. He got in the car and said his arm hurt. It had a black welt and I could see the bone pressing against the inside of his skin. I took him to the er. I was so angry at thwarting school .

ladymaleficent
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Broken collar bone.. not even a phone call.. he had falleb off the mi ney bars and thrn another kid fell on top of him..
snowball184
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Oh jeeze.

Quoting ladymaleficent:

Broken collar bone.. not even a phone call.. he had falleb off the mi ney bars and thrn another kid fell on top of him..

ladymaleficent
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM
When I called they said they didn't even see it happen...I was so mad

Quoting snowball184:

Oh jeeze.

Quoting ladymaleficent:

balagan_imma
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM

So sorry.

Our school always calls if there is a blow to the head or damage to glasses. My oldest kept them busy in the glasses department, that's for sure.

Lalasmomma13
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I would be livid!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)