Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Annoying!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 29 Replies
Do you like Christmas music? Or its annoying?
I do,I love Christmas music! Not in October though! Lol
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy502
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

i love it all year long

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Really? I can't take it all year round! What's your fav song?

Quoting sissy502:

i love it all year long

sissy502
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this

The Little Drummer Boy sung by Michael Jackson. (because I can relate. as a child I learned to play the drums. I couldn't do much of anything else... but I'm a good drummer. At the time, girls did NOT play the drums!! But I believed I could make a career out of drumming & singing. One of the local bars let my grandparents take me in to play for people before 9 pm. I was good, I could kick out  Wipeout easy as you please & customers ate it up, (i was only 9 yrs old & a novelty act) But everyone said "girls do not play the drums, they have babies". Many years later Sheila E did what I had wanted to do & my heart broke for a lost dream. Anyway, at church I wanted to play the drums & sing the little drummer boy... again the response was "girls do not play the drums". But I wanted to give my only gift to my Jesus, but all the grown-ups said no, it's not appropriate.

AND.. Believe from the polar express.

I'm a grandma now myself & I still hear the bells!! I'll never be a dream, crusher!!! 

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting sissy502:

i love it all year long

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM
That's awesome! True girls weren't seen to do things like that!
How many grandchildren do you have?

Quoting sissy502:

The Little Drummer Boy sung by Michael Jackson. (because I can relate. as a child I learned to play the drums. I couldn't do much of anything else... but I'm a good drummer. At the time, girls did NOT play the drums!! But I believed I could make a career out of drumming & singing. One of the local bars let my grandparents take me in to play for people before 9 pm. I was good, I could kick out  Wipeout easy as you please & customers ate it up, (i was only 9 yrs old & a novelty act) But everyone said "girls do not play the drums, they have babies". Many years later Sheila E did what I had wanted to do & my heart broke for a lost dream. Anyway, at church I wanted to play the drums & sing the little drummer boy... again the response was "girls do not play the drums". But I wanted to give my only gift to my Jesus, but all the grown-ups said no, it's not appropriate.

I'm a grandma now myself & I still hear the bells!! I'll never be a dream, crusher!!! 

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting sissy502:

i love it all year long

sissy502
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I have 2 living granddaughters & one grandson who passed away a couple years ago. (he was 4)

I now do foster care and am currently adopting 3 children, 2 of which were considered adoptable. (due to disabilities) But I figure these kids need some magic in their lives & figured who better to do that than a crazy granny who beats the table top with wooden spoons while making dumplings. lol

They all think I'm goofy because I cry like a baby when watching the polar express & often watch Dora & Bubble Guppies even when the kids aren't home. (but I do that so I can relate to the stuff they chatter about) They just think I'm a child in an old lady's body... lol

But really, who can sit through the polar express without a few tears ya know? lol 

Oh ya... we used to limit our girls so badly!! When I was a kid I was told I'd grow up to be a mommy or a hooker.

I didn't know if I wanted kids so I planned on being a hooker. (i didn't know what that was)

Until I gave a little speech in class (a "what do you want to be when you grow up " report) ... I think I was in 3rd grade.

Well, I told them I wanted to be a hooker and have my own apartment & save my money in a cookie jar. (needless to say my mother was called up to the school for a "meeting")  

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting sissy502:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting sissy502:

i love it all year long

SpiritFortress
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I don't like it. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Sorry for your loss! I can't even imagine? ((Hugs))
That's wonderful you do that!

Quoting sissy502:

I have 2 living granddaughters & one grandson who passed away a couple years ago. (he was 4)

I now do foster care and am currently adopting 3 children, 2 of which were considered adoptable. (due to disabilities) But I figure these kids need some magic in their lives & figured who better to do that than a crazy granny who beats the table top with wooden spoons while making dumplings. lol

They all think I'm goofy because I cry like a baby when watching the polar express & often watch Dora & Bubble Guppies even when the kids aren't home. (but I do that so I can relate to the stuff they chatter about) They just think I'm a child in an old lady's body... lol

But really, who can sit through the polar express without a few tears ya know? lol 

Oh ya... we used to limit our girls so badly!! When I was a kid I was told I'd grow up to be a mommy or a hooker.

I didn't know if I wanted kids so I planned on being a hooker. (i didn't know what that was)

Until I gave a little speech in class (a "what do you want to be when you grow up " report) ... I think I was in 3rd grade.

Well, I told them I wanted to be a hooker and have my own apartment & save my money in a cookie jar. (needless to say my mother was called up to the school for a "meeting")  

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting sissy502:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting sissy502:

i love it all year long

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 26, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Not even on Christmas? lol

Quoting SpiritFortress:

I don't like it. 

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 3:58 AM

I like them, but at Christmas time.  Some radio stations are playing them now. Sometimes it gets repetitive, so I try listening to new renditions, but I usually end up defaulting to the old ones. lol

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:03 AM

My kids want to start playing Christmas music but I won't let them yet. December 1st they can start listening to it.I can only handle so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)