Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is your DH/SO a morning person?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mine is not. But he's usually being a grumpy butt at work where I don't have to deal with him.

But because of the freezing rain, there's no power at his place of work and he's on stand by here at home. He's supposed to get a call if they get power on. They may not even open the shop today. So he's here and trying to play some pirate game and fussing because our daughter wants to be on his lap and not mine.

I told him to take his grumpy self to work, he didn't need heat to function, lol.

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Not really.  He is tough to get up.  He is more grumpy when things are not planned out.

dingysfamily
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM

My dh is generally just fine in the mornings, he's used to being up .. Praise the Lord, he has a pretty great disposition all day.  Now he does get a bit grumpy every once-in-awhile, but it's not often and it doesn't last anytime.  He has a great sense of humor so we can make him laugh when he gets grumpy really quick and then it's all over.

tiarra7022
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Mine is once he gets out of bed. Before that its a fight. We still have a baby up at night and he is willing to help but sometimes it gets crazy since he is still in bed and im trying to get him up

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM

He's a PITA all day if he has to get up before 10 on weekends. And that sucks big time because all but 4 months out of the year, the boys are in sports that requires us to be on the field by 8am....and usually two different places and I can't do that alone.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Not really.  He is tough to get up.  He is more grumpy when things are not planned out.

Momsold
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Not at all.

Tell your husband to stop being a shit, get off the PS3 and hang out with his daughter.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Lucky. Mine's grumpy every morning. He's usually fine by lunch time, but I'm not by that time from having to deal with him, lol.

Quoting dingysfamily:

My dh is generally just fine in the mornings, he's used to being up .. Praise the Lord, he has a pretty great disposition all day.  Now he does get a bit grumpy every once-in-awhile, but it's not often and it doesn't last anytime.  He has a great sense of humor so we can make him laugh when he gets grumpy really quick and then it's all over.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM

He gets up easily through the week. But on weekends, I do have to fight with him.

Quoting tiarra7022:

Mine is once he gets out of bed. Before that its a fight. We still have a baby up at night and he is willing to help but sometimes it gets crazy since he is still in bed and im trying to get him up

RADmomma
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Dh gets up at 4am. He's fine in the morning, sometimes slow going but not grumpy. Me on the other hand.., not a morning person!!!
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM

LOL

Quoting RADmomma:

Dh gets up at 4am. He's fine in the morning, sometimes slow going but not grumpy. Me on the other hand.., not a morning person!!!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

But when we are slightly crabby from errands and balancing the kids and their activities, the world is coming to an end.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

He's a PITA all day if he has to get up before 10 on weekends. And that sucks big time because all but 4 months out of the year, the boys are in sports that requires us to be on the field by 8am....and usually two different places and I can't do that alone.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)