Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need help about my 2 year old

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 20 Replies
My son turned2 years old on october 27th and can say mom dad stop yea and no blue baby.but shouldn't he be saying full senteced did anyone have a child that talked later? Is there anything Ican d. That will work and he will be talkin in no time?
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sldw
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Every child is different, please don't go by what other people on here say. Talk to your doctor and see about getting him evaluated by a speech pathologist if he/she deems it necessary. 

RKL10
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM
My daughter is only 16 months but I have a friend that has a two year old boy and he doesn't say much either but I also have a friend who has a two year old daughter and the kids birthdays are only a couple weeks apart and she can do full sentences I think boys just take a little while longer I am sure he is fine and I'm sure once he does talk you won't get him to stop :)
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Kids are all different. My oldest was making three word sentences right around 1 but my youngest didn't say any words at all until he was 2 !nd he was speaking in full sentences with 4-7 words by 2.5. He's actually more articulate now than his brother who is 22mo older. They are 6&4 now.
mesfilles
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest barely said a word at 2 but when she started talking she really took off. She's at the top of her class now so I wouldn't worry about it for now. Kids develop at their own speed.
theloudhouse
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
All kids are different, talk to her doc with any concerns. Mine needed speech therapy. They test for that before they turn three in most school districts.Mine atartestarted preschool when they turned three for speech and other delays. It really helped.
amandaober
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Yeah my 1st son is delayed. And he has other issues. He's autistic idk if I spelled it right but I'm sure you'll understand andhes 3 but he goes to iu13 and saying some words. But my other son says thing but only those words I put down. I just hope he isn't the same way like my first.
MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I THINK from reading your other posts that this is your second child? If so its pretty common for them to not talk and not need to because they know how to communicate so well with their sibling and you know more about them. My ex husband as a child is a great example.. his mom thought he was stupid.. barely spoke, didnt seem to understand anything and when he came home from school the first day his teacher said he was one of the smartest in the class.. and quite possibly the most advanced.. Just keep trying and teaching him and whenever he has a Dr appt bring it up and keep an open line of communication. I have also heard that this is more common with boys but that may be an old wives tale.

CafeMom Tickers
kzoboe
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

This.  My younger one didn't say more than a few words until he was, oh, 2.5, I think.  He understood everything, though.  

Once he got going he becae a very talkative little guy, to family, friends, and strangers alike.

No harm to have an evaluation done.  If there is a problem you canget help started sooner.  Also check his hearing.  Good luck!

Quoting sldw:

Every child is different, please don't go by what other people on here say. Talk to your doctor and see about getting him evaluated by a speech pathologist if he/she deems it necessary. 

weakestchimp
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:29 PM
maybe he doesn't need to right now.....since kids get what they need automatically.
i think he'll start up..
and some kids don't talk a lot amyway..
he's gonna do it hun
amandaober
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Thank you everyone. I know he has a bad behavior. He likes to smack pull hair. And scream and bit his self. Or he will yell in your face and say stooooooooooop. I don't understand why he is like this also. But my 1st son is more loveable. And another thing with my 2 year old he drink a lot i asked the doctor and she said its normal but my friends or family says it isn't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)