Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The most horrible rash known to man.

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:04 AM
  • 24 Replies
DD2 is almost 8 1/2 months old and I can't remember DD1 or DS going through this. Anyway, DD2 has the most horrible diaper rash, I mean like the kid is really suffering. Shes so red and raw :( like some of the spots are bleeding and shes so miserable during her diaper changes. It doesn't help that shes literally pooping every 5 minutes. And note that theres no exaggeration. Shes literally going through 10+ diapers a day. Her poop is so loose that EVERY time she poops it runs out of her diaper. Up her back, down her legs....we went through 3 shirts and a pair of pajamas today in 10 minutes, i shit you not. So shes just naked now, other than a diaper. Ok so idk why her poop is so super loose, and idk what to do about her rash....shes being cleaned so much that its impossible for her skin to heal. Ugh my poor baby, i really have no idea what to do.

Updated with pic of my girl on page 2. Just thought you'd like to see my beauty
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirstensmommie
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:06 AM
How long has it been going on? It sounds like a virus of some kind. I would call her doctor in the morning.
NyiaBaby216
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:10 AM
About a week. I think the rash showed up first, then the never ending poop.

Quoting kirstensmommie:

How long has it been going on? It sounds like a virus of some kind. I would call her doctor in the morning.
kirstensmommie
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:12 AM
I would call her doctor first thing in the morning.

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

About a week. I think the rash showed up first, then the never ending poop.

Quoting kirstensmommie:

Csm52010
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Yes you need to take her in. my daughter had diarrhea and a rash and the doctor said if the child has diarrhea more than 3 days you need to take her in because she can get dehydrated. And for the rash just try and wipe with a warm wash cloth sometimes the wipes just make it worse. I know it's gross cause it's poop but it will help so much with the rash. I would use just a kids bath washcloth. Hope she feels better.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Poor baby. Call her doctor. Will she use the toilet at all? Is there a way you can leave her diaper less for a bit to air dry?

Andreaaa81
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I mentioned this in another post. Try canestine cream for yeast infections. The fact that her poop is not normal and she has a bad rash might  mean an imbalance in bacteria.....Also, try to feed her yogurt or something with probiotics for babies....

Andrea0412us
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM
You might also try putting her in a bath with baking soda. It will neutralize any acid that is on her bottom. We have to do this with our youngest when she gets a diaper rash. We also do as already suggested and put cream on her for yeast. It seems to help clear it within a couple of days. You can also layer Vaseline on her bottom to keep any poop off of her with that layer of protection. Hope she gets better soon!
Molimomma
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:10 AM

If she has open sores now you definitely do not want to use baby wipes because that will hurt something terrible. It is a lot of trouble but you'll need to wash her off each time with baby soap and water each time so she doesn't get an infection, at least until the broken skin heals up. Poor kiddo! I would be calling the doc too and getting the poop issue under control so her bum can heal up!

weakestchimp
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM
omgoodness hun ..bless you and the baby.
maybe an allergy has developed or like these young moms said...bacteria imbalance.
go soon as possible to dr. i pray...i do
MOMMYSLOVE13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

When my kids would get bad rashes, I would use corn starch. I would clean them well get the box, and pour some into my hand and I would shake it all over their bottoms. Then I would put a good amount in the diaper it self. It worked better than anything else I had ever tried.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)