Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I dropped my baby in the toilet....

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this

Sort of. She let go of my hand and fell in.

She's 15 months old today, and has been using the toilet some during the day for a few weeks now (she only wets one, maybe two diapers all day). I have yet to find a toilet seat thing to fit our toilet (it's an elongated bowl)..so they all slide around and don't server their purpose. And she won't use a trainer potty, she has to go on the regular one.

Usually, she holds on to the seat with both hands, or one hand on the seat and one hand holding mine. I was holding her and she decided to let go of my hand and fell in, lol. Poor thing. Then I had to give her a bath. So it's all good now. And luckily, she isn't afraid of the toilet.

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaVoo
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

good job on potty training so early!! My kids were both completely and utterly not interested in it until 3.. drove me nuts!! I am so hoping that this one will be different.

CafeMom Tickers
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm kind of shocked that she is going so early. It was just out of the blue one day, she kept pulling her diaper off and hugging it (she wears cloth) and I noticed it was dry so I just held her over the toilet and she peed and has been going since.

Quoting MommaVoo:

good job on potty training so early!! My kids were both completely and utterly not interested in it until 3.. drove me nuts!! I am so hoping that this one will be different.

Johnhenrysgirl
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM

LOL I love it; but I am sure she didn't! Hey at least she isn't hurt or afraid :-)

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I bet it was cold...lol

Quoting Johnhenrysgirl:

LOL I love it; but I am sure she didn't! Hey at least she isn't hurt or afraid :-)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I'm sure it won't be the first time she falls in.  If I forget to check the toilet seat, I have fallen in as an adult.  I'm glad that it didn't scare her too badly.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I have fallen in too...lol

Quoting ScrChk23:

I'm sure it won't be the first time she falls in.  If I forget to check the toilet seat, I have fallen in as an adult.  I'm glad that it didn't scare her too badly.

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Get a new seat that has a child-sized seat nested into the lid. I've seen them for elongated bowls, and your kiddo should get plenty of use out of it even after training; my 7yo insists on taking his pants off so he can straddle the bowl 'cause he has a hard time holding himself up on adult-sized seats otherwise.
weakestchimp
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
you can laugh now.....she'll be doing it for a stunt...if you laugh a whole lot.
RADmomma
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
This was my suggestion too!! I have found them at Walmart

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Get a new seat that has a child-sized seat nested into the lid. I've seen them for elongated bowls, and your kiddo should get plenty of use out of it even after training; my 7yo insists on taking his pants off so he can straddle the bowl 'cause he has a hard time holding himself up on adult-sized seats otherwise.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Glad it didn't freak her out to much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN