Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DH thinks turkey should be....

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 33 Replies
Dry. I don't get it! His moms turkey was way too dry for me. And she served it with beef gravy. I like it moist. He says moist turkey is gross!

I thought it was everyones goal to make a moist turkey.. lol

So do you like your turkey moist or dry ( dry meaning you can't stab it with a fork)
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Moist. Dry turkey grosses me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM

It shouldn't be soaking but it shouldn't be dry either. I would hate dry turkey and if it's dry it'll be darn near inedible tomorrow. Yuck. 

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Disgusting! Dry is gross. And beef gravy? Double disgusting.
geek.girl
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM

I like my turkey moist. I have a weird thing too though so I get where you husband is coming from: I like lumpy mashed potatoes. I grew up on my mom and grandma not being able to make them smooth. Now I don't like the smooth ones so I do smashed ones instead which my own husband is ok with. I now can make creamy mashed potatoes. I think they're nasty though.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I like lumpy mashed potatoes too! :)

Quoting geek.girl:

I like my turkey moist. I have a weird thing too though so I get where you husband is coming from: I like lumpy mashed potatoes. I grew up on my mom and grandma not being able to make them smooth. Now I don't like the smooth ones so I do smashed ones instead which my own husband is ok with. I now can make creamy mashed potatoes. I think they're nasty though.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM
This! I don't want to slurp it, but it shouldn't be sawdust in my mouth!

Quoting teri4lance:

Disgusting! Dry is gross. And beef gravy? Double disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way

Quoting geek.girl:

Mamaof3and1tobe
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Ewww! What's wrong with him? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geek.girl
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I thought potatoes were supposed to be lumpy until I was like 20 and made them for my husband. He spit them out and upset me. I still didn't believe him for years though. It was just nasty to me. I was taught to leave the lumps in and not pound them out too much or they would be like soup in my mothers opinion. 

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way

Quoting geek.girl:

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I know!

Quoting Mamaof3and1tobe:

Ewww! What's wrong with him? Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)