Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Dry. I don't get it! His moms turkey was way too dry for me. And she served it with beef gravy. I like it moist. He says moist turkey is gross!

I thought it was everyones goal to make a moist turkey.. lol

So do you like your turkey moist or dry ( dry meaning you can't stab it with a fork)
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
katzmeow726
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Moist!  My dad always does a cajun fried turkey...YUM!  Even the white meat was moist and tender.  I couldn't eat dry turkey.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Turkey should be most.
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Yeah I like lumpy potatoes too, not creamy ones. I want real "smashed potatoes" not soup, lol. Drives my mil crazy she is always looking for my blender and freaked out when I pull out my old school potato masher, lol

Quoting geek.girl:I thought potatoes were supposed to be lumpy until I was like 20 and made them for my husband. He spit them out and upset me. I still didn't believe him for years though. It was just nasty to me. I was taught to leave the lumps in and not pound them out too much or they would be like soup in my mothers opinion. 
Quoting wonderwomanT08:Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way
Quoting geek.girl:
I like my turkey moist. I have a weird thing too though so I get where you husband is coming from: I like lumpy mashed potatoes. I grew up on my mom and grandma not being able to make them smooth. Now I don't like the smooth ones so I do smashed ones instead which my own husband is ok with. I now can make creamy mashed potatoes. I think they're nasty though.

sunpeaches1
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Eweeew!! Our turkey was sooooo moist it melts in the mouth! & giblet gravy is the bestestestest!
Cute that he got used to mamas cooking, bad as it was lol! Tell him stick his pieces in the mocrowave & dry it out but you like a gooood juicy gobbler!
geek.girl
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Now I make little potatoes and let them roast. When they are mostly done I pull them out and smash the tops with a fork, sprinkle on cheese and bacon, and in they go again. They are so good like that. 

Quoting Susan0805:

Yeah I like lumpy potatoes too, not creamy ones. I want real "smashes potatoes" not soup, lol.

Quoting geek.girl:

I thought potatoes were supposed to be lumpy until I was like 20 and made them for my husband. He spit them out and upset me. I still didn't believe him for years though. It was just nasty to me. I was taught to leave the lumps in and not pound them out too much or they would be like soup in my mothers opinion. 

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way

Quoting geek.girl:

I like my turkey moist. I have a weird thing too though so I get where you husband is coming from: I like lumpy mashed potatoes. I grew up on my mom and grandma not being able to make them smooth. Now I don't like the smooth ones so I do smashed ones instead which my own husband is ok with. I now can make creamy mashed potatoes. I think they're nasty though.

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM
I cook my turkey in a baking baking with a couple cups or can of citrus drink (Sierra mist or sprite usually), butter and then I cook until done. It always comes out just right! Not dry or too wet! :-)
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM
That sounds delish!

Quoting geek.girl:

Now I make little potatoes and let them roast. When they are mostly done I pull them out and smash the tops with a fork, sprinkle on cheese and bacon, and in they go again. They are so good like that. 

Quoting Susan0805:

Yeah I like lumpy potatoes too, not creamy ones. I want real "smashes potatoes" not soup, lol.

Quoting geek.girl:

I thought potatoes were supposed to be lumpy until I was like 20 and made them for my husband. He spit them out and upset me. I still didn't believe him for years though. It was just nasty to me. I was taught to leave the lumps in and not pound them out too much or they would be like soup in my mothers opinion. 

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Oh and its not just his preference. He thinks its supposed to be that way

Quoting geek.girl:

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM

What? Dry turkey?  That's different!  I cook mine boobie down until the very end to ensure it's moist.

LOL I don't make chicken or turkey gravy either.  I can't stand them so I make brown giblet gravy, lol!  It turns out fine because it's usually just us 4 and the kids won't touch gravy.

waytomanykids10
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 5:21 AM

I don't like Turkey moist or dry.

trainlady
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:57 PM
We start cooking our turkey early in the morning on a very low temperature in the oven so that by the time we eat in midafternoon the turkey is falling off the bone, literally. Its soft and moist and covered in turkey gravey with stuffing. Who in the world would put beef gravy on a turkey? I've never heard of such a thing. Maybe you can cut your turkey in half while still frozen and cook half for you and half for your DH and that way satisfy both of you. Compromise is wonderful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN