Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

biting

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have twin grandsons who are biting each other if one has something the other wants. We have tried everything short of biting back. HELP
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM
The only way we have found that works is biting back. Once they are bitten back it should work. I know its mean n not one people want to try but its affective. All kids that have bit n been bitten back have stopped.
MomTo2SillyBoys
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Biting back is the not thing that worked with my boys.
ktreinhardt
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM
They are even starting to bite us when they offer kisses.
Rotorkitty
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I'd give them a dab of hot sauce when they do. Not enough to fully burn their mouths but just enough to get the point across. When I was younger an aunt of mine washed both my cousin's mouth and mine with soap on a toothbrush when we bit each other. Didnt do it again.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Bite back.
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Try a little ceyenne pepper or a touch of dish soap on their lips and/or tongue. Biting is a very bad habit and leads to other forms of anger. Next thing they will be hitting each other over the head with something and someone could get hurt. You might also check with the doctor to see if he recommends something that you can use that is safe. Good Luck
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Several here have mentioned biting back, that is illegal and it could get you in deep trouble. And it doesn't work all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)