Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Want,need,wear,read. Xmas gifts

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anyone else do this,

this is the first year we will be kinda doing it.we normally buy are kids a ton if stuff for Xmas but this year we wanted to try something different they have so many toys plus they get a lot of stuff from family

so we did this

They each got 2 wants

dd got a stick pony thing to ride and a password journal 

ds1 got his train table and a playskool camera he loves taking pictures 

ds2 got a vetch drum set thing and a push popper thing

read

We got the older kids kindles for their books and I have blocked it from apps and games and websites it's for reading only I just hate buying them books that's end up getting ruined one way or anything 

the baby got a few card board books

need

ds1 needed underwear so we got him a few sets of boxes so he can sleep in them more comfy (he is 4) and a new tooth brush that was a little expensive he has a medical condition that is distroying his teeth so we hope this helps

ds2 a toddler bed and bedding

dd1 got a laptop she needs one for school to so her work on and we don't have any computers her just iPads 

wear

they all got pjs they will get a few days before Christmas to have for our Christmas train ride we are taking 2 days before Christmas 

we tried to stick to it and only get them a few things next year will be a little different this year we tried to make up for them not getting much for their birthdays ( the older kids because we bought our house the same month of their bdays,we actually closed on our house on our sons birthday)

next year we will take out the read and get them a board game since they have kindles.

edit

we added a new categorie

family and I got

bop it

disney hedbenz

disney apples to apples 

And jenga 

starting in the new year every Friday we are going to have a family game night so since I got a bunch in kohls cash from buying my ds1 new clothes lastnight I used that to get the games.they also asked for games from their grandparents and uncles so we will have a nice little collection to start with

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
We usually do this too cuz we have a large family. 6 kiddos. It helps allot on cost and thank hoodness for DH getting a bonus plus normal pay the week before xmas lol
Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM

This year we still spent more then I would have liked but their kindles were a little expensive we got the new ones that just came out in oct.but other then that we spend a lot less then we have in the passed.and I really like this idea

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

We usually do this too cuz we have a large family. 6 kiddos. It helps allot on cost and thank hoodness for DH getting a bonus plus normal pay the week before xmas lol

307mama
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM
We do this.
ColieO
by I Rock on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Why didn't you just get a kindle that didn't have app capabilities since you blocked them anyway? Would've been less money.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

This year we still spent more then I would have liked but their kindles were a little expensive we got the new ones that just came out in oct.but other then that we spend a lot less then we have in the passed.and I really like this idea

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Because eventually they will be able to get apps and have a limited amount of play time on them.and idk if the other ones can get the kids free time unlimited on them that's a big reason why we got the ones we did

Quoting ColieO:

Why didn't you just get a kindle that didn't have app capabilities since you blocked them anyway? Would've been less money.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Want gifts are usually more money anyways. Only one getting a kindle is my 17 yr old dd. Our almost 21 yr old got a lap top a cpl yrs ago n ds 16 got a kindle from bio mom last yr. So this yr dd is getting one. Ds 6 ,is getting a DS along with DD 10 DS 12 already has one, he is getting some type of mind game from think geek. Com. He likes that type of stuff tho

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya the kindles are little extra gifts the two olders only only asked for the train table and pony.but where we live the library is over an hr away and dd needs to keep up on her reading so I thought it was a nice little surprise and I knew ds would want one he lives reading books so I think they will be happy with what they got it's not a lot but I really thought hard this year

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Want gifts are usually more money anyways. Only one getting a kindle is my 17 yr old dd. Our almost 21 yr old got a lap top a cpl yrs ago n ds 16 got a kindle from bio mom last yr. So this yr dd is getting one. Ds 6 ,is getting a DS along with DD 10 DS 12 already has one, he is getting some type of mind game from think geek. Com. He likes that type of stuff tho

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
We are doing that this year, except they get those three(kind of four...) items from us and then one from santa as well.

My ds, age 5 is getting:
Santa: power rangers megazord
Want: lego table with legos
Need: New bedding set
Wear: New pajamas, jeans and slippers
And instead of read (because my kids already have kindle fires) we did something you donate so we have all already picked out our donate stuff and turned some into toys for tots and others into our local food bank.

My dd, age 3, but turning 4 in two weeks!, is getting:
Santa: Barbie wooden dollhouse and a couple barbies for it
Want: a pink toolbox full of pink tools
Need: a new bedding set
Wear: pajamas for her and her baby doll and new boots
And again instead of read we did the donate thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM

We are doing the kindles from Santa this year

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

We are doing that this year, except they get those three(kind of four...) items from us and then one from santa as well.

My ds, age 5 is getting:
Santa: power rangers megazord
Want: lego table with legos
Need: New bedding set
Wear: New pajamas, jeans and slippers
And instead of read (because my kids already have kindle fires) we did something you donate so we have all already picked out our donate stuff and turned some into toys for tots and others into our local food bank.

My dd, age 3, but turning 4 in two weeks!, is getting:
Santa: Barbie wooden dollhouse and a couple barbies for it
Want: a pink toolbox full of pink tools
Need: a new bedding set
Wear: pajamas for her and her baby doll and new boots
And again instead of read we did the donate thing.

SareyF
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM
We usually keep it in mind.
Dd1 really wanted an ereader. She is getting a kindle which takes care of both want and read. She gets pjs every Christmas Eve so there's wear. In her stocking are things she needs anyway-body wash, socks, toothbrush, etc. Plus she needed a new bed set and we got that.
Dd2 wants and is getting an aquarium. She needs a light for her room at night so we're getting that. She too gets new pajamas every Christmas Eve. And she will get a book.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN