Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

On here requesting prayers and/or good thoughts. (last update....she's gone)

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

Bryce's (my youngest-he's 10)god-mother is really sick,and it came on fast.On Tuesday of this week we basically spent all day with her...and she was fine.Had a little cold (you know-sniffles,coughing.She wasn't even running a fever.Didn't seem to be much to worry about.)

Her family called us this morning to tell us that she was having a hard time breathing and that the coughing was like 1000x worse.So,I sent hubby to their apartment with the car to see about getting her to a doctor. I'm glad I did!

She is now in the ICU and isolated.The doctors are not quite sure WHAT is wrong yet...they said it looks like a new strain of tuberculosis.It's bad enough that she was placed in a medically induced coma and they are allowing one family member(at a time) in to see her for 5 minutes every 4 hours.

I'm supposed to take my kids in to be tested for whaterver it is tomorrow.They have already tested me and my hubby,her hubby and their daughter. Holy hell!! Her family is freaking out and her hubby keeps calling me(my hubby spent most of the day at hospital with them)on the phone crying....frown mini

Prayers please!Hoping against hope that she will be ok....the doctors said if we hadn't taken her in she would have died!Whatever this stuff is it is causing her lungs to bleed internally.They put a breathing tube in almost 6 hours ago....Sorry if I'm rambling,still in a state of shock.

Things are looking bad,mommas! Her heart isn't being able to beat strong enough to keep her blood oxgenized....she's coded once this morning.

Her heart is only working at a 25% right now. Her nurse explained that she is basically drowning in her own blood,that's what the rattling/wheezing is when she tries to breathe.(Sorry,TMI)By now,the doctors have said they are just trying to keep her alive long enough for her youngest to get here.(He is 13 and lives in Bolivia with his grandparents.)To give him a chance to say good bye....I feel so bad for her family.

Her prognosis is just getting worse by the day .Her kidneys are failing.They've been loading her up on IV fluids,the doctors are concerned because now her body isn't eliminating it at all (she is not peeing,tmi)They've changed her urine bag only 4x since Friday! We have to keep chasing her hubby out of the hospital,so he can go lay down for a little while.He won't be help to anyone if he collapses from exhaustion.Their 16 year old daughter is just wandering around vacant eyed and teary....Damn,this sucks. 

P.s. There is a little bit of good news though.The doctors didn't think she would make it this long.So,they are holding out a bit more hope than they were yesterday.

She passed away at 10:55 p.m. last night.Her daughter broke down in hysterics when they were trying to remove the body(take her to the morgue)We ended up sitting in the hospital until almost2:00 a.m.,trying to calm her daughter down.At around lunch time yesterday they figured out what was wrong with her also.She had a staph infection in her lungs-it got into her bloodstream and that is finally what killed her.Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers.Her youngest will be arriving tonight--at around 10:30 p.m.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry.  She is in my prayers. The poor lady!  I hope you are and the rest of her family are OK.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Prayers!
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Thank you.It is scary how FAST she got sick and them not being able to tell exactly what it is.......I feel bad for her hubby.

Quoting Bmat:

I am so sorry.  She is in my prayers. The poor lady!  I hope you are and the rest of her family are OK.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

OML  thoughts and prayers with everyone there.  I hope no one in your family has it.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Scary! Lots of prayers for her and her family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:54 PM

The doctor's don't really think we do...it is just a precaution.I would rather they test my boys though,kwim?

Quoting frndlyfn:

OML  thoughts and prayers with everyone there.  I hope no one in your family has it.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Definitely.  Just in case they could be carriers and not get infected.  I wonder how she contracted it.

Quoting brandyblx:

The doctor's don't really think we do...it is just a precaution.I would rather they test my boys though,kwim?

Quoting frndlyfn:

ShesALady
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Prayers!
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM

They don't know.Like I said,they really don't know what it is yet.When they tried a scope type thing (see inside her lung)they said all they could see is blood. It sounds really bad when she is breathing....like when you put a tiny hole in a blown up balloon and stick it under water?You can hear liquid in her lungs.....bubbling. ;+{

Did Jas enjoy Thanksgiving?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Definitely.  Just in case they could be carriers and not get infected.  I wonder how she contracted it.

Quoting brandyblx:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Yes she did even though she did not eat any of the food cooked.  She had popcorn and an apple.  I was going to send you her school pic via pm but you have alot on your plate right now.

Quoting brandyblx:

They don't know.Like I said,they really don't know what it is yet.When they tried a scope type thing (see inside her lung)they said all they could see is blood. It sounds really bad when she is breathing....like when you put a tiny hole in a blown up ballon and stick it under water?You can hear liquid in her lungs.....bubbling. ;+{

Did Jas enjoy Thanksgiving?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN