Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone...

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 56 Replies

Decorating today, or have already decorated for Christmas/Winter?

I don't like doing it, but we are going at it today until I have to leave for my hair appointment. I've had to rearrange my whole living room, not only to make room for the tree, but I have to bring my gas logs fireplace back home.

I had given it to my parents because of space issues. But I took the play pen down and our recliner broke (we decided we didn't need another one, so we didn't buy one) so now I have the space for it and my parents have less space than they did because my grandma moved in with them...lol.

by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Osstie
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Every year i beg my husband to hang lights on the house outside and he never does. Today im going to try really hard!
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:06 AM

If we do the outside, it won't be this weekend. I don't deal with the outside at all, that's all on him. But he keeps wanting to buy these $150 blow up things that the animals around here tear up the first night they're put out and it makes me want to scream....lol.

We don't have the money to be buying those expensive (and tacky...hate me if you want, lol) things every. Single. Year.

Quoting Osstie:

Every year i beg my husband to hang lights on the house outside and he never does. Today im going to try really hard!

Osstie
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Oh yeah i dont like those either. I just bought some white string lights, and i even bought clips for them and a timer last year. They are still new in the box :(

Quoting IncognitoOne:

If we do the outside, it won't be this weekend. I don't deal with the outside at all, that's all on him. But he keeps wanting to buy these $150 blow up things that the animals around here tear up the first night they're put out and it makes me want to scream....lol.

We don't have the money to be buying those expensive (and tacky...hate me if you want, lol) things every. Single. Year.

Quoting Osstie:

weakestchimp
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:24 AM
oh...hi.....years before they came out with the icicle lites....my husband went to the trouble...took wires ...ran lites & dropped down with lites on diff. lngths. of wire....walla...he swears to this day..his idea was stolen...just a little christmas memory girls
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM

We have them new in box too, but they're about 4 or 5 years old, lol.

Quoting Osstie:

Oh yeah i dont like those either. I just bought some white string lights, and i even bought clips for them and a timer last year. They are still new in the box :(

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Quoting Osstie:

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL...my dad swears a TON of his ideas were stolen.

Quoting weakestchimp:

oh...hi.....years before they came out with the icicle lites....my husband went to the trouble...took wires ...ran lites & dropped down with lites on diff. lngths. of wire....walla...he swears to this day..his idea was stolen...just a little christmas memory girls

So_Devious20
by Be.the.change.♥ on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM
We put up our tree last night. We'll finish decorating the rest of the house another day. Maybe Sunday
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Not anytime in the next couple of days....too much cleaning to do and a sick kid.   If I get the cleaning done this weekend, I may drag out the tree early next week.  

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM

We got our tree up this morning. We're putting the fireplace back in now. When we get it in, we'll put the porcelain houses on top of it and put the nativity scene on a shelf thing I have beside the TV.

Then we'll clean up...yay, lol. And get the boxes back in the attic and be done.

Quoting So_Devious20:

We put up our tree last night. We'll finish decorating the rest of the house another day. Maybe Sunday

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Hope the kiddo gets feeling better.

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

Not anytime in the next couple of days....too much cleaning to do and a sick kid.   If I get the cleaning done this weekend, I may drag out the tree early next week.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)