Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What kind of heating system do you have? Expensive?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM
  • 33 Replies

We have baseboard electric, and it is expensive. What do you use to heat your house?

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaVoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM

we rent so I dont know exactly what it is called but its a central air/heal unit that is energy efficient.. he tried to explain it to us but we didnt know what he was talking about =P but I do know I keep the house warm/cool depending on the season and our most expensive electric bill ever was only 100 bucks, gas I am not sure as we have it averaged and pay it monthly.

CafeMom Tickers
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM

We used to have baseboard until we moved.  I loved it.  We could turn rooms up or down depending on if and when we were using them.  We have central heat now.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Have you checked the insulation levels in the attic?

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

We have a energy efficient gas furnace.

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Propane and not so bad. We just got a brand new furnace last year. We average about $1200 the winter season but not bad considering we are in northern Minnesota.
Mommy2-3181
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

We have propane and it's very expensive so we use our wood burning stove to heat our house

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

We have natural gas. I love it and between gas/electric during the winter the highest bill w've had is less than $200, probably closer to $160. 

We had baseboard electric in PA and we hated it! We froze downstairs and had the heaters turned off upstairs because it was hot up there and the cold months ran $300. 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Natural gas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
We have natural gas forced hot air. Our furnace is only 2 years old so it's very efficient

Our last house was kerosene & that was ridiculously expensive. It cost us about 3000 last winter. It was $4.59 a gallon last time I filled the tank.
weakestchimp
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

at our house in north carolina is electric furnace ducted ...winter..$125/mo..when we're there

here at this campground  electric included in rent..&275/mo..we use electric ceramic/thermo controlled heaters

we have propane furnace..we prefer not to use

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)