Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (December 8th)

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 77 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kyashjartylil
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi. I have four children and one on the way. I am currently on bed rest with a separated pelvis. I homeschool my kids. I have been married for 14 years.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Hi welcome to the group! I homeschool too! How old are your kids? I'm so sorry you're on bed rest. How long will it last?

Quoting Kyashjartylil: Hi. I have four children and one on the way. I am currently on bed rest with a separated pelvis. I homeschool my kids. I have been married for 14 years.
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

WElcome to CafeMom,
Sorry to hear about the bed rest .. for how long?
How old are your other kids?
Here is another group you may also enjoy :)

Quoting Kyashjartylil: Hi. I have four children and one on the way. I am currently on bed rest with a separated pelvis. I homeschool my kids. I have been married for 14 years.

Tasneem7867
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi I have 3girls, aged 14, 12 and 4years old. I was born and raised in Durban, Chatsworth. I devote all my spare time to my kids and husband. My youngest one starts Grade "R" next year. With the excitement, that's all we have been talking and thinking about lately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GloryRayann
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello!

I have two children and one on the way! My girls I have right now are adopted. They were my half-sisters children, but she passed away a year ago & I took them in. They are Irish twins, 5 & 6. I grew up back & forth between Weaverville, California & Legget, California. I currently live in San Francisco. I met my future husband at a rock show when I was 14 & we've been together since then! On my spare time I like to play guitar, paint, cook food & listen to music. And whats on my mind today is the holidays! <3

lonleysnowflake
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

. How old are your kids? 14 monthsand one on the way

Do you have boys or girls?one girl

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?i grew up in PA not i live in FL

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?sweet bay parking lot

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? .... havent really thought about it....

5. What's on your mind today? ..... 

stress and problems .... and noone to talk to and dont understand somethings ....

katlow378
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi!! I'm from Hawaii (born and raised). I have a 14 year old son in high school. I'm planning to go back to school myself to get a degree. You can ask me questions to get to know me better

Kyashjartylil
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:58 AM
12 and 10yr old girls (their birthdays are in jan so I will officially have a teenager). 7 and 2 yr old boys. I am due with a baby girl jan 7th but we have a c section scheduled for dec 31st. I'm on bed rest until then. I don't have a choice in the matter. I can hardly walk to the bathroom which is a few ft away.
How long have you been homeschooling? How many kids do you have?

Quoting jconney80: Hi welcome to the group! I homeschool too! How old are your kids? I'm so sorry you're on bed rest. How long will it last?

Kyashjartylil
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I am on bed rest until the baby comes. I am having a c section on dec 31st.

Quoting hugss:

WElcome to CafeMom,
Sorry to hear about the bed rest .. for how long?
How old are your other kids?
Here is another group you may also enjoy :)

JettaBee
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning to everybody and I hope everyone is having a great start to your day. I joined yesterday but had to go to an event last evening and did not have time to introduce myself so I wanted to do that this morning and share a few things with everyone.  I am very excited and thankful I found this group and I cannot wait to learn many tips and helpful advice as well as share a few of my own! After joining yesterday I did not have much time to explore this site and the different discussions so I look forward to doing that as well this morning after posting my reply on this.

I have grown up and lived in Michigan my entire life and recently my husband and our two children made a large transition due to my husband's job and moved from Michigan to North Carolina. We have been in North Carolina for two months now and I am thankful we are adjusting to such a huge change and things have finally started to settle down so our family can now truly begin to enjoy our new home here. I have a six year old son named Joshua who is in first grade and a five year old daughter named Ava who is in kindergarten. Things happened rather quick for me and my husband and our kids are 11 1/2 months apart... Which feels like twins occasionally and has been busy since the start but that as well has calmed down and I would not have changed a single thing or wanted it any different looking back. Our children are fortunate to have a close bond with each other that they will carry through the rest of their lives and our family has been blessed with many wonderful memories that will continue to build and be cherished in our home forever also.

My husband and I have been married for seven years and started a family right away after getting married. We both served in the United States Navy and that is how we met and our relationship began 10 years ago. I carried both of my children while serving active-duty and when my daughter was two I decided to transition out of the military to be a stay-at-home mother with them which I am thankful I have the opportunity to do. I have always enjoyed working yet once I had the kids I did not want any different and plan to stay at home and help at their school volunteering as long as I can :-). People always say to enjoy every moment because it goes by fast and they grow up right before your eyes and I always thought this was a silly statement however I have learned very quickly it's a very true one! Our family is very close and enjoys spending time together doing various activities and travels so we plan to continue building strong relationships with our children and developing a strong family foundation for them to grow off of. 

My husband grew up in a very poor area with a nonfunctioning family who shifted him around to relatives because of other unfortunate priorities in life which he failed to enjoy the childhood he deserved because of this. I on the other hand grew up with a very close and strong knit family with wonderful morals and memories I cherish! My family is still close and me and my siblings have a wonderful relationship. Even though we grew up in different settings with different values we have come together in a way that will benefit our children and hope they give them everything and more for them to eventually pass on to their own families someday. We have our flaws like any normal person or family does and are still growing and learning many things every day but I feel we are doing this together as a team and I am so thankful for all the wonderful gifts I have been given!

I currently startied to help and volunteer more at my children's elementary school and due to some changes I have become the room mother for my daughter's kindergarten class as of last week. So this weekend I started the task of planning her classes Christmas party and gathering some neat ideas and hope to learn more from those who have done this many more times than myself :). I have been given this notice with not a ton of time remaining on my part so I am looking into getting the craft activities and ideas together as well as snacks and foods I plan to have ASAP. I also currently am a consultant for Thirty One Gifts and sell for them. I love my part-time job and I am very passionate about what I do as well as the friendships I have built throughout my work. 

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read a little about me and I look forward to learning about everyone else and being given the opportunity to communicate with everyone. Have a wonderful day and thank you again!!

Thanks,

Angie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN