Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (December 22nd)

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daateam2010
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello,

I am in a sad place today as I had a chemical pregancy ending today. I wanted to join a place where i can connect maybe with other women or moms that have gone through this and somehow get to a point of healing myself and getting to a better place.Thank you

84SandyE
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 6:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi

My name is Sandy, I have an 8yr old daughter by the name of Keosha (Hindi for lovely). We live in South Africa now, though originally we are from Zim. I met my partner online here in SA. We are an inter-racial couple (I'm black, he's caucasian).

I just need help with my daughter and wondering if there are any moms in the same position as myself.

My daughter has always been overweight, she does lunges, squats as extra excercise, and does PT at school. She even does hip hop abs...lol, she enjoys it, I monitor what she eats and how much, but she doesn't seem to be losing weight. My partner keeps "attacking" me about her weight, but we are trying.

Second, her biological father walked out when she was one, yesterday she told me she would like to meet him. What should I do? (He is still in Zim)

I'd appreciate any advice as I am not popular on the social scene, I had my daughter at 21 and still had to get through Varsity so making friends was not on my to-do list

Sandy
xxx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDeby
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello and Merry Christmas to all!!!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Not quite sure what a chemical pregnancy is, but here is a group that should help. Prayers for you.

Join us in the Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support group

Quoting daateam2010:

Hello,

I am in a sad place today as I had a chemical pregancy ending today. I wanted to join a place where i can connect maybe with other women or moms that have gone through this and somehow get to a point of healing myself and getting to a better place.Thank you

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Hi Sandy, welcome to cafemom. I was an overweight child, so I sympathize with your problem. Unfortunately, I became an obese adult, and the older she gets, the harder it will be to lose the weight. Have you talked to her doctor about it? That would be my first suggestion. As for the other thing, how does bio father feel about meeting her, as well as how does your hubby feel about it? I would make sure everyone was ok with it before I pursued anything. Good luck.

Quoting 84SandyE: Hi

My name is Sandy, I have an 8yr old daughter by the name of Keosha (Hindi for lovely). We live in South Africa now, though originally we are from Zim. I met my partner online here in SA. We are an inter-racial couple (I'm black, he's caucasian).

I just need help with my daughter and wondering if there are any moms in the same position as myself.

My daughter has always been overweight, she does lunges, squats as extra excercise, and does PT at school. She even does hip hop abs...lol, she enjoys it, I monitor what she eats and how much, but she doesn't seem to be losing weight. My partner keeps "attacking" me about her weight, but we are trying.

Second, her biological father walked out when she was one, yesterday she told me she would like to meet him. What should I do? (He is still in Zim)

I'd appreciate any advice as I am not popular on the social scene, I had my daughter at 21 and still had to get through Varsity so making friends was not on my to-do list

Sandy
xxx

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Hello, welcome to cafemom. Merry Christmas to you, too. Tell us a little about yourself.

Quoting MsDeby:

magagachelin
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello Cafe Moms,

I am a 34 year old mother of two (son is 6 and daughter is 3). I grew up in Florida, where I currently reside. I met my husband at school my senior year of high school. During my free time, which I have very little of these days, I like to read books that empower, motivate, are thought provoking and challenge my thinking. Today I'm thinking of what I can do in my own way to make a positive impact in the lives of others.

Have a blessed day!

Margaret
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
So sorry for you loss hon.  Big hugs to you.

Quoting daateam2010:

Hello,

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Sandy,
I do agree with the op in that have you talked with your daughter's doctor about her weight yet?
Also about her wanting to meet her bio dad .. does he want to as well.?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting 84SandyE: Hi

Sandy
xxx

hugss

by Emerald Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Hi & Happy holidays to you too,
How are you doing today?  Nice to see you here  :)

Quoting MsDeby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN