Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (December 26th)

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 55 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessupmomof4
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I'm a single mom of 4 - oldest boy (16), daughter (14), daughter (11), daughter (7) and we live with my mother who works full time like I do. I was born and raised in San Diego, CA and now live in Vancouver, WA just north across the Columbia River from Portland, OR. I work for a boutique law firm as an Admin Asst and enjoy it. Currently trying to figure out how to balance "me" time inside my day - having a hard time and feeling worn out because of it. Not dating, no time - lol! Looking forward to helpful hints :-)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:18 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How do you like living where you are now?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Jessupmomof4:

Hi, I'm a single mom of 4 - oldest boy (16), daughter (14), daughter (11), daughter (7) and we live with my mother who works full time like I do. I was born and raised in San Diego, CA and now live in Vancouver, WA just north across the Columbia River from Portland, OR. I work for a boutique law firm as an Admin Asst and enjoy it. Currently trying to figure out how to balance "me" time inside my day - having a hard time and feeling worn out because of it. Not dating, no time - lol! Looking forward to helpful hints :-)

Sahmadventures
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi my names Melissa. I have a 18 month old girl, Avery, and a 5 yr old step daughter, Presley. I grew up in a small town in Texas where I met my husband of 4 yrs and we'll be moving to Grand Forks, ND in February. I usually like cleaning or editing videos and pictures, and blogging when it's nap time. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Welcome! I hope you figure out how to get time for yourself.  Maybe you could pay your son to watch the other children once a week so you can get some time.

Quoting Jessupmomof4:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Hi, Melissa! Welcome to CafeMom! This is quite a move for you from a warm state to one with a very cold winter? 

Quoting Sahmadventures:

Hi my names Melissa. I have a 18 month old girl, Avery, and a 5 yr old step daughter, Presley. I grew up in a small town in Texas where I met my husband of 4 yrs and we'll be moving to Grand Forks, ND in February. I usually like cleaning or editing videos and pictures, and blogging when it's nap time. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:18 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Melissa,
Any special reason you decided to move there?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Sahmadventures:

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Welcome to cafemom. It is so hard to find that me time for all of us! All I can say is you have to carve some out for yourself, even if it's just sipping a nice drink in a bubble bath, or having a mani/pedi. Good luck to you. (btw, love the area you live in!)

Quoting Jessupmomof4:

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Hi, welcome to cafemom. Are you looking forward to the move? Big climate change!

Quoting Sahmadventures:

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Hi and welcome! I have a 14yo daughter, too, and a 13yo daughter, and we're in AL. How long have you been single?

Quoting Jessupmomof4:

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Welcome, Melissa! I love your daughters' names. :) I have two girls, too, but mine are older, 13 and 14 now. Are you excited about the move to ND?

Quoting Sahmadventures:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)