Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (January 4th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
dreamreality14
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:15 PM

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? - 1 boy 19 months old

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? - grew up in NYC and in NYC now

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? - Tokyo, Japan

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? - Photography, visual art, connecting with friends

5. What's on your mind today? - feeling like staying at home with your child is a big decision. i'm happy with my choice, but being out of the loop work/career-wise is an ongoing struggle. It's not easy!  im starting to work part time, but i just came to the realization that i wont be going back to work for a few years due to financial constraints and my inability to disregard what I think is best for my son. To each his own, but this is where I'm at now.... would love to connect with moms who can relate and/or empathize. feeling that even though I met other moms in my area, the isolation of motherhood is pretty strong.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Hi and welcome! It is pretty isolating being at home. What did you do before you started staying at home?

Quoting dreamreality14:

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? - 1 boy 19 months old

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? - grew up in NYC and in NYC now

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? - Tokyo, Japan

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? - Photography, visual art, connecting with friends

5. What's on your mind today? - feeling like staying at home with your child is a big decision. i'm happy with my choice, but being out of the loop work/career-wise is an ongoing struggle. It's not easy!  im starting to work part time, but i just came to the realization that i wont be going back to work for a few years due to financial constraints and my inability to disregard what I think is best for my son. To each his own, but this is where I'm at now.... would love to connect with moms who can relate and/or empathize. feeling that even though I met other moms in my area, the isolation of motherhood is pretty strong.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Lol that's awesome!

Quoting Hottmomma607: Just like regular yoga,but the tempature is hot in the room! Its suppose to make you more flexible and of course sweat out more calories.

Quoting jconney80: What is hot yoga? I'm intrigued lol

Quoting Hottmomma607: I wanted to try it!

Quoting hesmyking_alex: I haven't yet but I've been looking in to it.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Hello!

Have done hot yoga yet?
Jessicah1031
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM
1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have a 17 mos old baby girl named Hailey and I am 17 weeks along in our second pregnancy

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in NJ and I now live in Northampton County PA

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? My husband is my girlfriend's older brother lol

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? I play pool, crochet/knit, go fishing and at this stage in my pregnancy, I love to stand still and breathe :) (have a very busy household lol)

5. What's on your mind today? I've been trying to find something that I put away for safe keeping and I can't find it, Irony at its best I guess lol
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on being pregnant with your 2nd child.
Aww good luck & hope you can find what you're looking for.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Jessicah1031: 1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have a 17 mos old baby girl named Hailey and I am 17 weeks along in our second pregnancy

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in NJ and I now live in Northampton County PA

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? My husband is my girlfriend's older brother lol

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? I play pool, crochet/knit, go fishing and at this stage in my pregnancy, I love to stand still and breathe :) (have a very busy household lol)

5. What's on your mind today? I've been trying to find something that I put away for safe keeping and I can't find it, Irony at its best I guess lol

Jessicah1031
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
lol thank you Hugss, Nice to meet you too :)
JesusGirlsRock
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I don't know if I'll stay in Pensacola, I really miss being in NY. I'm definitely a city gal, so I'm a little nostalgic.

Quoting elasmimi:

Hi Mesha, welcome to cafemom. Sorry about the divorce, but sometimes things just can't be avoided. Will you stay in Pensacola? I love it there.

Quoting JesusGirlsRock: Hi, my name is Mesha. I'm 30 and have 3 children. 2 boys & 1 girl.

I grew up in Brooklyn, NY I currently live in Pensacola, FL.

My husband and I are going through a divorce, we officially met in high school, but I knew of him since middle school.

When I have time for myself, I love to sew and crochet.

On my mind today us finding an outlet.

JesusGirlsRock
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Thanks for the welcome huggs. Please don't feel sorry to hear about the divorce. My children are 6, 8, 10

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Mesha,
Sorry to hear about your divorce .. how old are your kids?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting JesusGirlsRock: Hi, my name is Mesha. I'm 30 and have 3 children. 2 boys & 1 girl.

My husband and I are going through a divorce, we officially met in high school, but I knew of him since middle school.

JesusGirlsRock
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for the welcome Bmat :-)

Quoting Bmat:

Hi, Mesha! Welcome to CafeMom! I am sorry about the break up of your marriage. :( 

JesusGirlsRock
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:14 AM
Hi Hottmomma607, I actually really like Panama City. Thanks for the best wishes!

Quoting Hottmomma607: Hi Mesha! I use to live in Panama city,Fl.

Sorry you are going through a divorce. I wish you the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN