Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (January 6th)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 108 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BAndrews05
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM
3 moms liked this

Hello Ladies!!  Im Brandi i am a mommy of 2 amazing crazy fun boys! They are 6 & 7 both born in Septemeber one year apart.  Some say they are Irish Twins i just say they are Best Friends. I live in fort worth Texas,  and even though i grew up here we have traveled so much because of the Military.  Being back home is great but i am now a stay at home mom and i need a way to meet new people.

Ive known my sweet hubby since we were little (8 Years old)  and reconnected after highschool.\

Honestly i have NO life lol, I sit at home and drive myself insane...  I am looking for things to do while the boys are in school, fun stuff to do with them when they arent in school.. 

how are you

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Welcome to Cafemom Brandi,
Do you have any hobbies?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting BAndrews05:

Hello Ladies!!  Im Brandi i am a mommy of 2 amazing crazy fun boys! They are 6 & 7 both born in Septemeber one year apart.  Some say they are Irish Twins i just say they are Best Friends. I live in fort worth Texas,  and even though i grew up here we have traveled so much because of the Military.  Being back home is great but i am now a stay at home mom and i need a way to meet new people.

Ive known my sweet hubby since we were little (8 Years old)  and reconnected after highschool.\

Honestly i have NO life lol, I sit at home and drive myself insane...  I am looking for things to do while the boys are in school, fun stuff to do with them when they arent in school.. 

how are you

BAndrews05
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Nothing really.. .I am crafty, i guess shopping would be my only real hobby lol...   The more i stay home the lazier i seem to become and i dont like this feeling :) I use to be really active, softball volleyball but since we have moved home i dont have anyone to do that stuff with anymore.

Its nice to meet you as well

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Aww what about taking the kids places after school like the park or the library?
Will get you out & hopefully meeting other parents?
Hang in there ;)

Quoting BAndrews05:

Nothing really.. .I am crafty, i guess shopping would be my only real hobby lol...   The more i stay home the lazier i seem to become and i dont like this feeling :) I use to be really active, softball volleyball but since we have moved home i dont have anyone to do that stuff with anymore.

Its nice to meet you as well

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hi Brandi, you've found a great place to meet new friends. As for stuff to do, take a class, join a gym, or find a hobby you like. I have heard the term Irish twins once before, but no one could tell me what it meant, can you?

Quoting BAndrews05:

how are you

Nicolemarie78
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello! I have two kids, My son Carson is 8 and My daughter Bella is 6.   I grew up In Southern California ( LA) then moved to Northern California (San Jose) and I just moved to Oklahoma for my husbands job. I met my husband 12 years ago and have been married for a little over 9 years :)    When I do have time to myself, I love hanging with other moms, drinking coffee, working out, baking! and reading!  and of course I love catching up on some shows that I like to watch :)   Currently since I have just literally moved here to Oklahoma I don't have any other moms to hang with.  I had made a wonderful community of friends where I lived and miss it.   It would be great to meet other moms, make friends ;).

emmygirl30
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Hello. My name is Emily and I am from Baltimore Maryland. I am only new here because I need help find out what's going on. I had taken 2 pregnancy test one on Friday and one today and both are positive. Never had a positive before so I am nervous. I would love to have some help from other moms. Thank you
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hi, Brandi! Welcome! I am also the mom of two boys, and they are adults now. :)   Try taking classes at the local college or Y, this gets you out among other people. :) 

Quoting BAndrews05:

how are you

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Welcome to CafeMom! It is sad that you had to leave your circle of friends, but it sounds as though you'll soon have new friends where you are now. 

Quoting Nicolemarie78:

Hello! I have two kids, My son Carson is 8 and My daughter Bella is 6.   I grew up In Southern California ( LA) then moved to Northern California (San Jose) and I just moved to Oklahoma for my husbands job. I met my husband 12 years ago and have been married for a little over 9 years :)    When I do have time to myself, I love hanging with other moms, drinking coffee, working out, baking! and reading!  and of course I love catching up on some shows that I like to watch :)   Currently since I have just literally moved here to Oklahoma I don't have any other moms to hang with.  I had made a wonderful community of friends where I lived and miss it.   It would be great to meet other moms, make friends ;).

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Oh how do you like living where you are now?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Nicolemarie78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)