Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (January 13th)

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 95 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kjoy6227
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:41 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I am not actually a mom I am an aunt to a eight-year-old girl a five-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl. My brother had the elder two with another woman and his wife and him had the youngest. His wife is abusive towards the two that aren't hers and my brother is lazy and does nothing about it. As a result my oldest niece is incredibly angry and gets in a lot of fights and in trouble at school. She is in therapy and special ed in school and her mother is attempting to look into getting custody however the situation is very difficult as you can imagine. I just want to know what I can write to her in letters, since I can't be there for her all the time in person, to inspire her to be strong for herself and her siblings, who she is very protective of. I want to inspire her to learn and to read and just be a really good student and to be very very happy and that's really hard because she is just so angry with her father for not taking care of her and just having to take care of her younger siblings at such a young age and I just want her to know that I am there even though I'm can't be there and that she is very important and loved.
Jenn1183
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:58 AM
4 moms liked this

My name is Jenn and I have one child a girl and her name is Rosalee. She is three and half weeks old. I grew up in Fort Wayne, IN and currently live there. I met him in Copperas Cove, TX, but he is no longer in the picture and that breaks my heart when I look at my daughter knowing that she is going to grow up without her Dad. I sit and hold my daughter or clean the house in my free time.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:17 AM
((Hugs))
Very awful ordeal! Awesome you're helping. Best wishes to you.
Your dog is cute btw!

Quoting Kjoy6227:

Mobile Photo

I am not actually a mom I am an aunt to a eight-year-old girl a five-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl. My brother had the elder two with another woman and his wife and him had the youngest. His wife is abusive towards the two that aren't hers and my brother is lazy and does nothing about it. As a result my oldest niece is incredibly angry and gets in a lot of fights and in trouble at school. She is in therapy and special ed in school and her mother is attempting to look into getting custody however the situation is very difficult as you can imagine. I just want to know what I can write to her in letters, since I can't be there for her all the time in person, to inspire her to be strong for herself and her siblings, who she is very protective of. I want to inspire her to learn and to read and just be a really good student and to be very very happy and that's really hard because she is just so angry with her father for not taking care of her and just having to take care of her younger siblings at such a young age and I just want her to know that I am there even though I'm can't be there and that she is very important and loved.
staceymead72
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:19 AM
4 moms liked this

Hello,

My name is Stacey  I'm 41, married to my high school sweetheart after being apart 20+ years.  We have 5 kids between us. 

Girl-23, Girl-21, Boy-19, Boy-18, and Boy-16   We now have our first grandbaby girl.  I spend lots of time reading and hanging out with my family. We spend lots of time together and love to hang out. 

What's on my mind???  I'm changing my career path and trying to figure out how to compensate for the money I'm losing so I'm starting 2 home businesses and have no clue really how to do it... Lol

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Well congrats on your baby girl!
No worries if he doesn't step up to be a real father there always some one else. Just remember for the future.
My oldest son is no by my husband but he has taken care of him like his own. :-)

Quoting Jenn1183:

My name is Jenn and I have one child a girl and her name is Rosalee. She is three and half weeks old. I grew up in Fort Wayne, IN and currently live there. I met him in Copperas Cove, TX, but he is no longer in the picture and that breaks my heart when I look at my daughter knowing that she is going to grow up without her Dad. I sit and hold my daughter or clean the house in my free time.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Hello Stacey! How sweet first grandbaby!
Which one made you grandparents?

Quoting staceymead72:

Hello,

My name is Stacey  I'm 41, married to my high school sweetheart after being apart 20+ years.  We have 5 kids between us. 

Girl-23, Girl-21, Boy-19, Boy-18, and Boy-16   We now have our first grandbaby girl.  I spend lots of time reading and hanging out with my family. We spend lots of time together and love to hang out. 

What's on my mind???  I'm changing my career path and trying to figure out how to compensate for the money I'm losing so I'm starting 2 home businesses and have no clue really how to do it... Lol

Jenn1183
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:00 AM

Quoting Hottmomma607: Well congrats on your baby girl!
No worries if he doesn't step up to be a real father there always some one else. Just remember for the future.
My oldest son is no by my husband but he has taken care of him like his own. :-)

Quoting Jenn1183:

He chose drinking and drugs and to be with his best friend a woman and to go back to his ex over us and he beat me at six months pregnant and kicked in the stomach and said that he hoped i lose her. i didnt lose and thank god for that and he is now in jail waiting to get three years probation a fine to pay and classes to take for men who hurt women for what he did. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:43 AM
((Hugs))
Thankfully you're away from him.

Quoting Jenn1183:

Quoting Jenn1183:

He chose drinking and drugs and to be with his best friend a woman and to go back to his ex over us and he beat me at six months pregnant and kicked in the stomach and said that he hoped i lose her. i didnt lose and thank god for that and he is now in jail waiting to get three years probation a fine to pay and classes to take for men who hurt women for what he did. 

Jenn1183
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Quoting Hottmomma607: ((Hugs))
Thankfully you're away from him.

Quoting Jenn1183:

Quoting Jenn1183:

Yes I am thankful and now i have to work hard in finding a job and now i can come out of hiding and be able to pay my dad back for buying all things i needed for my daughter. Other than my dad there is no one to help if i need it and that's ok. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:48 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
So sorry on this stressful situation,
All ou can do is remind her you love her & want only the best.
Remind her that her future is what you are concerned about.
Hugs to you all :)

Quoting Kjoy6227:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN