Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (January 20th)

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 104 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momtohnj
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi there, I'm frankie.... mom to a four year old and a six year old.... I work full time as a teacher and rarely have a moment to connect online with other moms.... Realizing  now how much I need an online forum to discuss mommy issues freely and openly is something I need more than I realized. I try to do it all and I find I am spread so thin and I really need to allow myself to breathe and take a step back and reflect on what works with my kids and what doesn't.... lately I have been struggling with that. I am hoping I can get good advice, and make new friends. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Welcome to CafeMon,
This is a great place to connect with other Moms.
What grade do you teach?  Happy to meet you :)

Quoting Momtohnj:

Hi there, I'm frankie.... mom to a four year old and a six year old.... I work full time as a teacher and rarely have a moment to connect online with other moms.... Realizing  now how much I need an online forum to discuss mommy issues freely and openly is something I need more than I realized. I try to do it all and I find I am spread so thin and I really need to allow myself to breathe and take a step back and reflect on what works with my kids and what doesn't.... lately I have been struggling with that. I am hoping I can get good advice, and make new friends. 

nativeli
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello!! I'm Lina.
I have one son and he is 5 months old♥
I grew up in Colorado and live there as well.
I met him from his sister, she's my friend :) u currently work at a daycare during the week 4 hours a day and have the weekends off. I've tried other forums but sometimes people don't even respond to my questions which makes me very bummed. I do find myself wondering about different things being a be first time mom and breastfeeding too. . I'd love the support and advice ! ♡
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:51 AM
Hi Frankie!
How long have you been a teacher?

Quoting Momtohnj:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 20, 2014 at 4:58 AM
Hi Linda!
Well there are lots of groups here and forums! I hope your questions van be answered? Welcome!

Quoting nativeli: Hello!! I'm Lina.

I met him from his sister, she's my friend :) u currently work at a daycare during the week 4 hours a day and have the weekends off. I've tried other forums but sometimes people don't even respond to my questions which makes me very bummed. I do find myself wondering about different things being a be first time mom and breastfeeding too. . I'd love the support and advice ! ♡
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Lina,
How's the weather there lately?
Hopefully you'll find the support you need/want here.
Great to meet you :)

Quoting nativeli: Hello!! I'm Lina.

Lulu716
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Hi all:) I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself:)

1. I have 2 boys. One is 10 and one is 5. My 10 yr. old is a spectrum kiddo.

2. I grew up in Montana and we are currently stationed in Louisiana.

3. I met my husband in Idaho when we both worked at the same place.

4. I have time to myself?! :)

5. I am a homeschool mama and a military wife. We have no support groups in our area for parents of spectrum kids and even if we did, likely I wouldn't be able to go since my kids are with me 100% of the day. That is why I am here. Looking for some support and also to be able to offer support.

JT33
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Hello all,my name is Ann, I have two wonderful boys 8 and 4 months, I am from Baltimore, Md, born and raised... I still live here.  I met my sweetie here in Baltimore many many years ago. During my free time I like to get my hair done, read, listen to music, travel etc...... I am currently a stay at home mom, which is all new to me, love it cause I get to be home with the baby, but I've worked since I was 14 so it takes some getting use to. Hope to meet new moms, learn new things and share some things as well. My sister introduce me to the site....

hugss

by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Lots of support here .
Here are a couple of groups you may find helpful.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Lulu716:

Hi all:) I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself:)

1. I have 2 boys. One is 10 and one is 5. My 10 yr. old is a spectrum kiddo.

2. I grew up in Montana and we are currently stationed in Louisiana.

3. I met my husband in Idaho when we both worked at the same place.

4. I have time to myself?! :)

5. I am a homeschool mama and a military wife. We have no support groups in our area for parents of spectrum kids and even if we did, likely I wouldn't be able to go since my kids are with me 100% of the day. That is why I am here. Looking for some support and also to be able to offer support.

hugss

by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Ann,
How long now that you have been at home with the kids?
Great to meet you :)

Quoting JT33:

Hello all,my name is Ann, I have two wonderful boys 8 and 4 months, I am from Baltimore, Md, born and raised... I still live here.  I met my sweetie here in Baltimore many many years ago. During my free time I like to get my hair done, read, listen to music, travel etc...... I am currently a stay at home mom, which is all new to me, love it cause I get to be home with the baby, but I've worked since I was 14 so it takes some getting use to. Hope to meet new moms, learn new things and share some things as well. My sister introduce me to the site....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)