Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DF just got fired *update*

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 27 Replies
He started a job with a smallish company. Three months later the owner thinks he can do the job of DF and save money. So he let him go. DF would go out late and on weekends, at a minutes notice for this job. I can't stop crying.

Update: We still feel pretty down about the whole thing. Really put a dent in the christmas spirit. I haven't felt like decorating or getting the elf out. But I had an interview for NAC classes and found out I can get my permanent substitute teaching license after paying 120 in various fees. Both will take time but would bring in work in the new year. He's been talking to people he knows. We'll make it. Just got to get over the hurt and anger. He was talked into this job...was told there would be growth and he wanted someone to eventually take over. So DF left a good job to join this company. If he went back to his old job it wouldn't be for the same salary, he'd be considered a new employee and the pay difference is huge. Just trying to get out of this depressed funk and back into my usually favorite holiday.
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graybealgirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Hopefully he can get a job soon. Do you have a job or money saved up
theloudhouse
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM
No. I have an interview for NAC classes. Those are in January. I'm hoping his old job takes him back. The vice president of the company personally gave him an award. I quit my job this summer due to back to back surgeries and health issues. Now I'm better and that's why I am getting back out there.
Roksolana84
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I am so sorry. I have been in your shoes.

My DH got fired while we were relocating and movers took all our stuff but then company refused to pay to bring our stuff back. We ended up relocating to MN for a different job and still can't afford to get our furniture, ect. back. 

I learned that you need to stay strong, hope for better and remember that it could be worse than it is.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I am so sorry ((hugs)).

Maybe he can pick up some temporary holiday work for a pay check until he finds something else. 

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I'm so sorry.i hope he find something soon and good luck to you too.
theloudhouse
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Thanks. It will all work. The timing is what had me stressed. Our landlady will work with us and I used to work at the place the classes are at. I think I'll get a spot and it'll be on call at first. I can do overnights and sleep while they're at school. Avoid babysitter fees that way. No one wants those shifts. I am pissed that it was now and with short notice. Arent employees encouraged to give two weeks? I gave three weeks when I had to quit this summer because I wanted to get them caught up.
theloudhouse
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM
That would suck, I hope you get your stuff back soon.

Quoting Roksolana84:

I am so sorry. I have been in your shoes.

My DH got fired while we were relocating and movers took all our stuff but then company refused to pay to bring our stuff back. We ended up relocating to MN for a different job and still can't afford to get our furniture, ect. back. 

I learned that you need to stay strong, hope for better and remember that it could be worse than it is.

SHORTSHORT
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Been there myself before. I hope everything works out fine for u&ur family
theloudhouse
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Thanks. I know we're not the only ones.

Quoting SHORTSHORT: Been there myself before. I hope everything works out fine for u&ur family
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM

((hugs)) I am sorry. This is so sad!  Best of luck to him in finding another job soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN