Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What to do? Edit*

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I tell him or keep my mouth shut?

Options:

Tell him

Keep mouth shut

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

So hubby did some shopping for me for Christmas. He ordered it all on amazon which is fine. But my email is the one attached to our account. So since we knew there would be a confirmation email and a shippment email I did not check my email till he did and got both of them and sent them to his email and deleted them from mine that way I would have surprises for under the tree. Well one of the thing he ordered was from another company through amazon and they emailed me today thanking me for shopping with them and wanting me to write an amazon review. So now I know what the one gift is and it is the big gift he got me. Now it is so etching I have alsways wanted but it is also something that right now I would never get to use so I feel like the money is being wasted. I don't know what to do. Should I tell him about the email and that I know what it is and that I would rather see that money put to better use or should I just keep my mouth shut and open it on Christmas like I don't know and keep it?

edit*

i have decided to not tell him. He came home last night with a costumer appreciation bonus from work. And I do know I will love it I have always wanted some. I will find some way to wear them it may be with shorts and a t shirt but I will wear them. Lol!

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I think I would tell him that I got the email & discuss it... Depending on the item
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Quoting RADmomma: I think I would tell him that I got the email & discuss it... Depending on the item

I believe it is a pearl necklace.

by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I think ... u hve to tell him abt the email u gt ...better discuss abt it :-)

taKENheart
by Flovely on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I would tell him.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't tell him... simply because he put thought into it and picked it out for you. Of you tell him you know what it is, and don't want it, it could really hurt his feelings. I made this mistake once and he was really upset about it and I had a hard time getting him to pick out presents for me ever again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Milsmum
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Tell him or try getting into conversation on how much present costs etc.
storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I probably would not tell him unless you really think the financial costs outway the relationship costs (i.e. him being upset that his surprise fell through and you want to return the item for financial reasons).    

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quoting storkradio193:

I probably would not tell him unless you really think the financial costs outway the relationship costs (i.e. him being upset that his surprise fell through and you want to return the item for financial reasons).    

I just feel it's a waste becuase I will never really be able to wear it. I know I'll love it but it will just sit around. I feel that maybe the money could be better spent. But I don't want to hurt his feelings either.

katfeces
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Same thing happened to me last year. I decided not to tell my fiance because he was sooooo excited about the gifts he was giving me I knew it would crush him if he knew so I put it out of my mind and opened my gifts like I didn't know. We had a great xmas
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Quoting katfeces: Same thing happened to me last year. I decided not to tell my fiance because he was sooooo excited about the gifts he was giving me I knew it would crush him if he knew so I put it out of my mind and opened my gifts like I didn't know. We had a great xmas

If it was something cheaper I wouldn't even consider telling him. But it cost over $100 and it is something that might get used once a year if even that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)