Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do your kids buy gifts for each other?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 51 Replies

Do you let your kids buy each other gifts? How many kids do you have and how do you work it out? Do you have a spending limit?

Last year I let my two older kids swap gifts but my youngest is now old enough and I'm not sure how to let them exchange gifts without spending a lot of money. I'm trying to figure out how to work it out so it's fair between all 3 of them.

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM
They tend to make things or give each other things of theirs. Books are a popular item. They also buy cheap things like soda or candy
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I have a six year old son and a three month old daughter. They can buy gifts for each other if they want, though obviously not my daughter yet. My son bought her something, he used his own money so I didn't put a limit on it. 

Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Out of my 3 only my youngest buys gifts. Actually she buys for the whole family. The boys will buy only if they are asked. If they want to 

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM
No they don't.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM

That's a good idea! We might be able to do books this year.

Quoting NDADanceMom: They tend to make things or give each other things of theirs. Books are a popular item. They also buy cheap things like soda or candy

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
They save all there change and buy gifts at dollar tree they bought each other me and hubby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Sweet boy

Quoting lenashark:

I have a six year old son and a three month old daughter. They can buy gifts for each other if they want, though obviously not my daughter yet. My son bought her something, he used his own money so I didn't put a limit on it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

He is a very sweet child, he got her this locket, saved up all of his money for it:

Quoting strictmomhere: Sweet boy

Quoting lenashark:

terpmama
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

What about secret Santa and have them sneaky and do nice things for their target all month... Then end up with a gift for them

or do a pick a name exchange.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Bless his sweet heart:)

Quoting lenashark:

He is a very sweet child, he got her this locket, saved up all of his money for it:

Quoting strictmomhere: Sweet boy

Quoting lenashark:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)