Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are kids born mean?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 11 Replies

Your Kid Was Born Mean & That's a Fact (VIDEO)

by Ericka Sóuter

angry kidThere's no doubt about it, kids can be shockingly cruel to one another. Very few parents would dispute that in this age of vicious, merciless bullying. What is most surprising, however, is how young that behavior can begin. During a new episode of MAD Life, host Andrew Shue and his panel ask a critical question: Are kids born mean? Is it possible that they are inherently vicious? The answer may surprise you. Take a look!

It's certainly a hot-button issue, especially when you think about your own child. Most parents may have a hard time saying that their "little angel" was actually born evil. Could you? No matter what side of the debate you fall on, there is one undisputed fact: It's our job to help make them into good people.

What do you think? Are kids born mean?

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Some are. But its up to the parents to guide them in the right direction. So many parents fail at that task though.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I think kids learn what they see. If they see/hear it in the home, they're going to mock it. And when loving kids "look up" to them, they pick up the behaviors too.

SylviaNCali
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I think they look at their parents as examples if there is a  lot of chaos in the house, they will emulate that. There also are kids who will display bad behavior and the parent ignore it which makes it get worst overtime. 

CafeMom Tickers
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Evil? No. But people are born with emotions that grow and suface the older they get and when not taught how to handle them and deal with correctly, those emotions can get evil!

tiarra7022
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Yes they can but i think more has to do with what they see at home and what they are taught as young children

IamtheBeholder
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I agree with the 1 time tell the teacher 2 times hit them back you can't let your child get a beating at school.

Your donations would be appreciated this Holiday Season! www.gofundme.com/5k921o

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
No I don't think they are born that way.
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM

maybe the parents are this way. maybe not.

Labs1129
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Depends on what you mean when you say mean. My kids are horrible to each other at times but they would not treat someone outside their family like that. Probably because someone would have beat them up years ago.

MommaVoo
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM

this.. however I think the majority of mean kids are learned behavior and unfortuneatly those kids aren't kept in check and grow up into mean teengers and then mean adults.. and the cycle continues.

Quoting AliKatAK47: Some are. But its up to the parents to guide them in the right direction. So many parents fail at that task though.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN