Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

friends baby died 7 hours after adoption....

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 45 Replies
7 moms liked this

So my husband and I have some friends that couldn't get pregnant and have been working on  adopting thing off and on for a loong time. They had taken a break then went back and they said there was a new baby in the hospital that had been left there, was really sick and would most likely die. They got to be his parents! They knew this would likely be the outcome that he wouldn't live long. The judge sped through the adoption stuff which takes up to 6 months usually. They got the baby as theirs after a few weeks and they went in, in the morning and got the adoption finalized, then sweet baby passed away that evening. He was so stinking cute. I wanted to give them something for chirstmas so I sculpted this today, what do you think? The mom LOVES frogs so I sculpted baby holding a frog. The wings are not attatched. I thought I'd let her decide if she wanted them on the baby or not. this baby is 2inches form head to bum so about 3 inches total

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jtsmommy11
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I think she will love it
jmp1279
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I think it's a nice gesture

MelissaM1028
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
That's really nice of you as a friend to do that be her shoulder to lean on in this time of need God bless her and may the baby rest in peace my deepest condolences out the her....
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM

BUMP!

TheDoctorsWife
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a great gift!
jconney80
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I agree. I think she will love it

Quoting MelissaM1028: That's really nice of you as a friend to do that be her shoulder to lean on in this time of need God bless her and may the baby rest in peace my deepest condolences out the her....
doodlebopfan
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:49 PM

That is precious! My condolences to your friend. Losing a baby is so hard.

momof3grls4517
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM

that is a very sweet gift. My prayers to your friend and her baby.

ZombieChicken
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
He got to finish his life with a mom and a dad who love him. Beauty surrounds us, often in the most unexpected places. Thank you for sharing this story of life, love and death.
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:21 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)