Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tubes cut, burnt, & tied.. Pregnant??

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 39 Replies
I will be calling the Dr in the morning to try and get in but I happen to realize that I haven't had my period since Oct 25th. Is this possible? Has anyone or know of anyone that this might have happen to? Is there any other reason to miss a period. I mean im only 32 so I know im not going through menopause. lol The only other time I have ever missed a period well I was pregnant. Can anyone Help just calm my nerves a little? Haha
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Just buy a test and find out lol I wouldn't be able to wait
gingermommy86
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Maybe your body is just reacting different due to having your tubes tied.. ? Im not sure though. I'm going to have the triple threat done.after this baby is born! Would like to know if.it is possible...
butterflyofnite
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Yeah, I thought about it but I wasnt sure if it would be too soon to get a positive if I was.   I mean its been 7yrs since ive had to even take a test. 

butterflyofnite
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quoting gingermommy86: Maybe your body is just reacting different due to having your tubes tied.. ? Im not sure though. I'm going to have the triple threat done.after this baby is born! Would like to know if.it is possible...
I had my tubes cut, tied and Burnt was told there was no way possible to have another baby. My DR at the time kept asking me over and over since I was only 25 at the time just to make sure that was what I wanted. I was sure this wasn't possible.
mividasilly
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my tubes done the day after my youngest son was born. Almost 10 years ago. And my youngest daughter will be 8 years ol this week.... so yeah its possible lol. take a test if it makes you feel better.
TitaniumBiscuit
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I am in the same exact boat right now.  I'm also 32 and had mine done at 25, right after my 7 year old daughter was born.  I haven't had a period in 2 months and my nipples leak a very tiny bit.

gingermommy86
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Eeep kinda nerve racking... I know my bestie had hers done after 3 kids... she has had some trouble with her cycles since.. like them being way heavier and very erratic... we will only have two girls but pregnancy is so tough on me having diabetes and considered high risk.. but I guess if it was meant to be it would happen either way ha! Good luck and I hope the outcome is what you want!!

Quoting butterflyofnite:
Quoting gingermommy86: Maybe your body is just reacting different due to having your tubes tied.. ? Im not sure though. I'm going to have the triple threat done.after this baby is born! Would like to know if.it is possible...

I had my tubes cut, tied and Burnt was told there was no way possible to have another baby. My DR at the time kept asking me over and over since I was only 25 at the time just to make sure that was what I wanted. I was sure this wasn't possible.
butterflyofnite
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Quoting TitaniumBiscuit:

I am in the same exact boat right now.  I'm also 32 and had mine done at 25, right after my 7 year old daughter was born.  I haven't had a period in 2 months and my nipples leak a very tiny bit.

Im trying really hard not to get excited about it.  But now I want to run out and get a test to comfirm or deny.  I just wasnt sure if it was to soon to take a test.  Gee I havent done this in forever.  My daughter is 11 and my son is 7.  LOL

wiener
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I'm going through the same thing but I have the IUD, did a blood and urine test and both negative called my OB and he told me, my body is going through a hormonal mix up were I skipped ovulation and I should get my period in 4-6 weeks. now I have no clue if he's right but I'm just going to wait it out. I'm 32 as well and to young for menapause but wierder shit has happened with my body
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 10:04 PM

the odds of getting pregnant after getting tubes tied is about 5 in a 1000

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN